News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Meanwhile on the other side of the planet, good news if you're a tea drinker, your kettle won't have to work so hard as the temperature is nearly have way to boiling point, Sydney's new record is 114F.   :outback:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21072347
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on January 18, 2013, 09:56:18 AM
Snowing enough to settle in central London and apparently quite deep out where I live. Cue an hour of "Yay snow!" followed by hours of "fucking snow stopping me getting home on a Friday evening!"

It has started to stick here. Going out tonight will be interesting as my boots love to slip. Damn you, Kenneth Cole!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on January 18, 2013, 10:23:46 AM
Meanwhile on the other side of the planet, good news if you're a tea drinker, your kettle won't have to work so hard as the temperature is nearly have way to boiling point, Sydney's new record is 114F.   :outback:
I like that you use Fahrenheit.  Good man. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Elsewhere, concerns over disruption to food supplies forces Scotland to tap into its strategic reserves:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-21079285

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Few more years, Ed will be able to get the boys to do that for him instead.

mongers

Are the Klan's finances so bad, they're having to do a scouts 'bob'a'job' week ? 

Syt

Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2013, 11:27:15 AM
Are the Klan's finances so bad, they're having to do a scouts 'bob'a'job' week ?
:huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Audi drivers the new 'BMW drivers' ?

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-01-17/britain-snow/

It was taken on the M4 between junctions 28 and 29 just before midday today.

Stephen Sorby took this photograph when he was travelling from London to Wales with his friend. He said he couldn't believe what he had seen:

"We are outraged with what we saw, we couldn't believe anyone would drive like that. So careless to risk the lives of others." Mr Sorby estimates that the car was travelling around 60mph to 70mph.

The view from every window is obscured by snow, a very dangerous way to drive Credit: @Jonny_Ellis

CountDeMoney

LOL, looks like photos from the beltway.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 20, 2013, 01:21:43 PM
LOL, looks like photos from the beltway.

The World's the same all over, united by it's arseholes.

Caliga

:huh:  wtf, it takes like a minute or two tops to clear snow from your windows. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on January 22, 2013, 07:52:35 AM
:huh:  wtf, it takes like a minute or two tops to clear snow from your windows. :lol:

That doesn't mean anything to somebody late for work.

Man, it's cold as balls out this morning.  Flannel bedsheets: DEPLOYED

merithyn

Walked 15 minutes to the bus terminal, and I think I have frostbite on my thighs. Dress pants do not equate to good cold-weather gear. It was -20F/-30-ishC with windchill at the time. I need snow pants, but there's still no snow. :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

Lots of snow, -20c with snow this morning.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.