And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: mongers on January 03, 2013, 08:56:22 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 03, 2013, 07:48:26 PM
Only -20C today, but with windchill it feels like -25C!

+10C here at 2am and no wind at all.   :P
-25C feels like -13F :bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Been rainy and cool the last two days.  Nice and dreary, the way I imagine Seattle in my dreams.

Think I'll go to the movies.  Still have to catch Django Unchained.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2013, 09:19:09 AM

In the subway, I saw that Django Unchained just opened in Paris today.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 16, 2013, 09:19:09 AM
Been rainy and cool the last two days.  Nice and dreary, the way I imagine Seattle in my dreams.

When I went running on Sunday afternoon, while breathing in the air, it did feel very much like home.  :)

My office-mate, also from Washington, independently brought up how home-like the weather has been recently as well. 

Barrister

We had a crazy chinook yesterday, petering out today.  Strong west winds and +8 temperature.

Of course that's just enough for a lot of snow to melt, then refreeze as we return to normal winter temperatrues. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

My prediction, 2 inches of snow will bring much of the United Kingdom to a grinding halt on Friday.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 16, 2013, 05:12:56 PM
We had a crazy chinook yesterday, petering out today.  Strong west winds and +8 temperature.

Of course that's just enough for a lot of snow to melt, then refreeze as we return to normal winter temperatrues. <_<

That was us this weekend, had kids ice skating on the streets.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Vienna had 20-40 cm (depending on district) of snow in the past 18 hours. It's beautiful! :wub:

My district got about 30 cm.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on January 17, 2013, 12:32:44 PM
Vienna had 20-40 cm (depending on district) of snow in the past 18 hours. It's beautiful! :wub:

Lies! :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on January 17, 2013, 12:32:44 PM

:hug:

Can I come visit next winter from, say, Mid-November through Mid-March? Please? I'll cook. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe National Weather Service on Thursday morning canceled a winter weather advisory for most of the Baltimore region, but said that light snow would still fall into the area through this evening.

Nary a roll of toilet paper, gallon of milk or loaf of bread is to be found in the Baltimore metropolitan area.

lustindarkness

Snow in B,ham AL, its the end of the world.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

merithyn

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 17, 2013, 01:48:42 PM
Snow in B,ham AL, its the end of the world.

'Cause it finally snowed in hell? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...