News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

It was: mildly chilly in Orlando today.  Heard something about snow in the northeast and laughed. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

While I was on my way back from Florida there was a massive hailstorm here.  It came through around 8 pm and when we got home at 5:30 AM there were still some hailstones laying about, some of which were golfball-sized. :huh:

Roof looks ok but the storm must have come in sideways against the north side of the house, since all my screen windows on that side got their asses kicked and will need to be replaced (giant holes in all of them).  Also, my newly-planted trees got seriously damaged. :(  The magnolia lost some branches and nearly all of its leaves were seriously damaged.  Not sure if it'll survive.

Razgovory

Been rainy and stormy here for a while.  Yesterday a tent fell over in St. Louis and killed someone and injured 100 people.  Or maybe that was two days ago.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

After all the warm weather we've been having, it got pretty cool around here (eastern Massachusetts) the last few nights. Near freezing or below. I have some stuff planted in my garden, cool weather stuff like lettuce, which should be ok I hope.

katmai

Sunny and high 50's all this week.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

It's been nice and cool the last several days since the Nor'easter, with lows in the 40s at night, but it's supposed to hit the 80s again come Wednesday.  Stupid warm weather.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

You guys would NOT have liked Florida this past week. :)

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2012, 09:55:07 PM
You guys would NOT have liked Florida this past week. :)
I'm pretty sure i wouldn't like Florida ANY week.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Florida makes my balls sweat.  :yuk:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I despise Florida.  I've been there twice.  Didn't care for it either time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Florida is a big humid pile of bullshit.

Brazen

It has rained continuously across the UK for two weeks now, pretty much from the day the Government announced we're in drought and introduced a hosepipe ban. I've just returned to work after a week-long break which included a couple of days by the sea where gale-force winds and torrential downpours nearly threw me in the briny. I get back at work and guess what? The sun's out and we're basking in proper spring temperatures  :glare:

Syt

Yesterday: hottest April day in recorded history for Vienna: 30°C.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.