News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Yeah, we get the exact same reaction from our fellow countrymen; I can go about 16km south and that's it for that compass point in my country :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2012, 03:49:30 PM
Cali would be nice. DC will be like living in Karl Malden's armpit in the summer.
"California" can mean a whole shitload of different things, climate-wise. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 22, 2012, 06:34:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2012, 03:49:30 PM
Cali would be nice. DC will be like living in Karl Malden's armpit in the summer.

I think the good parts would be pleasant. The desert bits, not so much.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Maximus

Quote from: Caliga on March 22, 2012, 06:34:02 PM
Bay area.

I haven't been there and I'm sure it could be worse, but still too hot and sunny in the summer for me.

Ed Anger

I'll take the dry over the Florida 'wet balls' heat.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Fo' sho'.  I lived in Phoenix and have family in St Louis, so have spent many summers there.  I will take 115 with no humidity in Phoenix over 90 and 90% humidity in St Louis every time. 

Sweating in the shower sucks.

Caliga

Quote from: Maximus on March 22, 2012, 06:40:25 PM
Bay area.

I haven't been there and I'm sure it could be worse, but still too hot and sunny in the summer for me.
Ok, well if you think San Francisco is too hot in the summer you need to avoid the entire US from Texas east to Florida at all costs, with the possible exception of New England. :bowler:

KRonn

I put lawn fertilizer down last week, about a month earlier than I usually would. I have wildflowers coming up, other flowers. Trees budding. I can probably start my veggie garden a month early! It's madness I tell ya!!!

Neil

Snow in Edmonton today, which would be entirely normal except for the fact that it has hardly snowed at all this year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Well into the 70s in southern England today; had a minor mechanic issue so had to walk 4 or 5 miles home through the forest and what with the heat, the stronger sunlight and  I kid you not a buzzard* circling me it would almost be a scene out of a disaster (british) movie.  :bowler:

*Whatever a british buzzard is called in your country, but for us quite a big bird and a nice looking soaring flight.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Nice and blustery, brisk and cool today;  if the trees and flowers weren't blooming from early onset spring, one would think it was late October.

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on March 26, 2012, 12:52:32 PM
*Whatever a british buzzard is called in your country, but for us quite a big bird and a nice looking sawing flight.
Do you mean something like this?

We have them all over the place here.  They're big fans of roadkill.

Razgovory

I think he means a hawk.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on March 26, 2012, 12:52:32 PM
Well into the 70s in southern England today; had a minor mechanic issue so had to walk 4 or 5 miles home through the forest and what with the heat, the stronger sunlight and  I kid you not a buzzard* circling me it would almost be a scene out of a disaster (british) movie.  :bowler:

*Whatever a british buzzard is called in your country, but for us quite a big bird and a nice looking sawing flight.
Lol. I laughed at the buzzard part!  :D   

Good thing you didn't stop, or lie down to take a nap.     :ph34r: