Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 01:32:23 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 30, 2021, 01:29:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 01:21:25 PM
Not sure where that map was getting it's data.  According to Environment Canada it hit +36c yesterday, and is supposed to hit +37tc today.

Heat should break at least a little bit by the weekend.

Not sure what the it is you are talking about.  Lytton was 49+C yesterday.  It got to 45 on our back deck yesterday.

Today is mercifully cool, seems almost cold at 24.

Sorry was referring to Edmonton temps (the graphic only shows +33)

I see, the temp for Vancouver is also a bit odd.  The official environmental station is located at the Airport - which is actually in Richmond, to the South of the City and surrounded by ocean on three sides.  So it is always has more moderate temperatures than the rest of the City.

Caliga

49C ... in Canada!?!?!?!?!

It has never gotten that hot in Louisville, ever. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on June 30, 2021, 03:23:08 PM
49C ... in Canada!?!?!?!?!

It has never gotten that hot in Louisville, ever. :wacko:

Yeah those are Death Valley type temperatures.

The hottest day ever in Austin, Texas was "only" 44C.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Wow.

Well it's a good thing global warming isn't real, then... else this might keep happening.  :)

:wacko:

Barrister

Hottest day ever for Edmonton was 37.2c

Current temperature is 35.7c, with an estimated high of 37c

We could break the record! :yeah:

If not today, then maybe tomorrow where it's also forecast to hit 37c.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on June 30, 2021, 03:35:56 PM
Wow.

Well it's a good thing global warming isn't real, then... else this might keep happening.  :)

We have an election that will likely be called this summer.  I have a feeling climate change policy is going to be important...

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 30, 2021, 03:40:22 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 30, 2021, 03:35:56 PM
Wow.

We have an election that will likely be called this summer.  I have a feeling climate change policy is going to be important...

I predict it won't. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Well, let me qualify that.  It certainly will not be important to people who will be voting Conservative.  It will likely be a high priority for everyone else.  It will be interesting to see if the Cons get enough vote splitting in key ridings.

Caliga

Are there a lot of climate change deniers in Canada? :hmm:

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on June 30, 2021, 06:25:17 PM
Are there a lot of climate change deniers in Canada? :hmm:

Alberta

But I don't think the rest of the country will have climate change as a big election factor.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on June 29, 2021, 07:20:35 AM
- most places have air con here.
which in turn increases global warming and leads to more asphalt melting summer temperatures...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on June 30, 2021, 04:18:34 AM

It's time to develop aquatic parks in Yukon.  It'll be the new Vancouver, soon enough.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 30, 2021, 01:29:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2021, 01:21:25 PM
Not sure where that map was getting it's data.  According to Environment Canada it hit +36c yesterday, and is supposed to hit +37tc today.

Heat should break at least a little bit by the weekend.

Not sure what the it is you are talking about.  Lytton was 49+C yesterday.  It got to 45 on our back deck yesterday.

Today is mercifully cool, seems almost cold at 24.
why and Vancouver and Port Hardy so chill compared to the rest of the area?  Does the Pacific has that much of a cooling effect?

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 30, 2021, 04:56:01 PM
Well, let me qualify that.  It certainly will not be important to people who will be voting Conservative.  It will likely be a high priority for everyone else.  It will be interesting to see if the Cons get enough vote splitting in key ridings.
You mean the Green Party will win the election?  Since the Libs have proven over 6 years and 2 mandates they're all talk&tax but zero action, it'll be logical to see a party that seems to really care about the issue to be elected.

The Cons will lose this one, thanks to their complex carbon pricing scheme. But the leader will get the blame, he'll be booted from the party and Mad Max will make a comeback.

Grey Fox

Mad Max ain't coming back until he begs for forgiveness from the Milk Cartel.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.