News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 18, 2021, 03:34:43 PM
:lol: I thought endorsing the man who called his wife ugly and alleged his dad was involved in the assassination of JFK was the most cowardly thing Cruz could do.

Turns out it's throwing his kids under the bus in a scandal :o

Cruz seems determined to hand his Senate seat over to the Democrats. He only narrowly failed in 2018, we will see what he manages to pull off in 2024.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

2024 is too far away. This will be forgotten by then.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on February 18, 2021, 04:34:18 PM
Maybe. This is the sort of scandal that I think potentially sticks in voters mind and just defines someone.

I don't know if it'll help the Democrats but if I was an ambitious Republican (perhaps even one a little Trumpier than Cruz) I'd be eyeing that seat.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

The point is he is building a reputation and an impression. I don't think people will remember this particular incident but it will be part of the general opinion on Mr. Cruz.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 18, 2021, 04:39:03 PM
Maybe. This is the sort of scandal that I think potentially sticks in voters mind and just defines someone.

I don't know if it'll help the Democrats but if I was an ambitious Republican (perhaps even one a little Trumpier than Cruz) I'd be eyeing that seat.

How exactly does one get Trumpier than Cruz? :hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

But what is actually happening in Texas? I'm guessing most city dwellers aren't equipped to be without power or heating for days in freezing weather.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2021, 10:00:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snAm27sApDI

This is some weird end of times shit going on.

Guy in the video said he saw the like just eight years ago, which kind of contradicts the hype in the video.

Sheilbh

Yeah and Istanbul is very cold and snowy in the winter - I was there for a January break a few years ago and it was fucking Baltic.

They might not get blizzards like that very often, but Istanbul gets snow more regularly than London (and looks very beautiful with it).

The snow in Saudi strikes me as a bit weirder.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 19, 2021, 05:12:25 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2021, 10:00:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snAm27sApDI

This is some weird end of times shit going on.

Guy in the video said he saw the like just eight years ago, which kind of contradicts the hype in the video.

Yeah, I recall images like that showing up now and then on the news, even when I was a kid. It's not a regular event, but it does happen. I recall videos of people building snowmen in Jordan some year ago.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Barrister on February 18, 2021, 04:55:35 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 18, 2021, 04:39:03 PM

How exactly does one get Trumpier than Cruz? :hmm:
Well he didn't divorce his wife after Trump insulted her. He should do that, and disavow his father.  Then say that Trump spiritually adopted him, and he's only into young blond babes like daddy.
PDH!

mongers

So this is what Spring feels like, 14C here.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

18°C here, with many people in the streets. I expect a rebound in covid cases next week.

Grey Fox

-3 and sunny. Lots of people in the street. Spring is here.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk