News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Almost perfect day on the links.  Maybe 82, breezy, ocaissonal clouds to break up the baking.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 22, 2020, 03:40:11 PM
Meh, I still like the heat better than the cold.  It's 90 here right now, which is fine by me.

90 isn't hot at all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

So it is true that heat makes people crazy. :hmm:

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 22, 2020, 09:29:32 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 22, 2020, 03:40:11 PM
Meh, I still like the heat better than the cold.  It's 90 here right now, which is fine by me.

90 isn't hot at all.
Well, you live in Texas. :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Interestingly, it's been so hot lately I've discovered the exact temperature at which my chihuahua believes it is too hot for her to go for a walk: 92. :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 23, 2020, 08:08:41 AM
Interestingly, it's been so hot lately I've discovered the exact temperature at which my chihuahua believes it is too hot for her to go for a walk: 92. :D

I was out shopping today and I overheard somebody saying "fuck this heat, I am moving back to Colorado" :lol:

Typical first year in Texas response.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

I remember when I arrived at my first duty station in San Antonio, one of my colleagues/fellow new arrivals was a young kid who was actually born and raised in the city.  We asked "do you ever get used to this heat?"

His answer:  "No."   :D

Syt

Summer is coming:

We had 37°C yesterday afternoon in Vienna, and ridiculously strong thunderstorms at night. Only 30-31° today and the next couple days.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

BBC has just upgraded forecast to London to 34 on Friday. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Wait, didn't you like hot weather? Or only by the sea?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on July 29, 2020, 07:51:17 AM
Wait, didn't you like hot weather? Or only by the sea?

As an American, I enjoy warm weather when I can then turn on my a/c. I've no a/c. :weep:

Also, the flat I'm in is normally at least 2 C warmer than outside.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Oh. :( (also: flat :D )

Well, my apartment is at 26 daytime temperature at the moment. I manage to cool it off to 24 over night. I gave a mobile a/c a try a few years back, but it didn't work out great.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Jesus Christ is Ireland OK?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Yeah I've been at 26-27 most of the summer apart from this past week where it was noticeably cooler. Last night for the first time got it down inside to 23 :D -_-

Liep

It's been a really cold July here and today is no different. Wind, rain, no sun and about 19 degrees. In one way it's fortunate because the a/c at work stopped working in the beginning of the month but mostly it's shit.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk