News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I sleep with open windows and have a fan going to create a draft. It helps cool down the apartment over night.

This morning it's 26° and I'm like WTF?

Oh, it's 26 outside, too. At 8 am. :x
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Shutters closed during the day, and windows open plus a door open to create some kind of air flow.
Of course, 35-40 C° is harsher in Paris than in Bragança...

Syt

Looks like nighttime lows are expected to be 26 tonight.

Estimates daytime highs for next few days: 32 - 27 - 30 - 34 - 39

Possibly cool off after that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

It actually hasn't been that hot in Kentucky this summer on account of the nonstop rain keeping it cool.

The high today is 91 (32 for the Fahrenheit-impaired) and I think this is the hottest it's been all year.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

It's 8:30 pm, but my apartment (28°) is still cooler than outside (33). :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

KRonn

It's been pretty warm low 80s (26c), and going to be warmer by week's end. But so far I've only used my air conditioner once, one in an upstairs bedroom. I'll put in another AC unit in the kitchen this weekend. But it's been unusual that I haven't felt the need to use AC much and it's the end of June.

Syt

Ok, this is getting silly. At 6 am it was 29° in the city. At least tonight it's scheduled to cool down to 20.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

39°C forecasted for Saturday. The day I go to the Rammstein concert, a "hot" metal band famous for its use of pyrotechnics during live performances. It's the stadium tour, the particularity being the gig in Paris takes place in a domed stadium with a fixed roof.  :P

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 27, 2019, 06:46:54 AM
39°C forecasted for Saturday. The day I go to the Rammstein concert, a "hot" metal band famous for its use of pyrotechnics during live performances. It's the stadium tour, the particularity being the gig in Paris takes place in a domed stadium with a fixed roof.  :P

Yeah, but what an epic euphoric way to go out of this existence  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

gonna be a hot one today
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

finally got some rain today - it seems like it has been weeks since we had a good down pour.   At some point they are going to have to reclassify this region away from being a temperate rain forest.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on June 27, 2019, 08:29:01 AM
gonna be a hot one today

It may be hot for a while ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Iormlund

High of 41º C today. Forecast says 44º C tomorrow (111 degrees for the metrically challenged).

Hod bless A/C.

mongers

Quote from: Iormlund on June 27, 2019, 02:08:56 PM
High of 41º C today. Forecast says 44º C tomorrow (111 degrees for the metrically challenged).

Hod bless A/C.

France has just seem it's highest ever recorded temperature, Carpentras  in Provence.  :hmm:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48795264

QuoteEuropean heatwave: France hits record temperature of 44.3C

28 June 2019 

France has hit its highest ever recorded temperature - 44.3C (111.7F) - amid a heatwave in Europe that has claimed several lives.

The new record was measured in the southern town of Carpentras. The previous record was 44.1C during a heatwave in 2003 that killed thousands.

Schools have been shut and officials are checking on vulnerable people, Mayor Étienne Baudu said.

France's weather service has issued an unprecedented red alert for four areas.

Those are all in the south, but most of the country remains on orange alert, the second highest level.

The weather service said the new record - measured at 13:48 local time (11:48 GMT) - remained provisional as temperatures could climb higher still.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

I remember the 2003 heatwave pretty well, wearing sandals or flip flops, naked torso at times, in the street that is, plus melting asphalt.

Got stuck in Paris in August when usually I would be in Portugal. Went to Portugal in September/October instead. Bad idea.