And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

I voted for kodos...I mean Wynne

And I have to go golfing tomorrow. Ugh. Stupid work stuff
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Are you any good at golfing? That game strikes me as paying to be extremely frustrated.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

But when you hit it just right, down the fairway or neatly sink a putt you feel like God must feel when he golfs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

omfg AC went out.  I walk in after work and it's 87 degrees in the house (101 outside). Now it's 86 outside and 85 inside.  I'm going outside.

E: I went and got another portable AC (so I have two now, bought the first one a couple years ago when this same thing happened) and they're cooling off the bedroom nicely, with only one downside:  the new one is making the room smell noticeably farty. Sigh.  I run the older one in there all the time, so it isn't that.  At first I wanted to blame the cat that got accidentally stuck in there when we closed the door to let them run, but no cat turds to be found, so...

E2:  But working together, they've got it down to 75 in there.  Fart smell or not, I'll take that over 86 (it has gone up) inside any day. 

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Liep

May and June has been the best summer that I can remember, and so far July is amazing as well. 22-28 degree days and lots of sun with few days of hard wind.

On the other side the farmers are struggling with a country wide drought and the grass is no longer green. But I'll still take it.

SUN! In Denmark?! :w00t:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

Quote from: Liep on July 04, 2018, 10:25:31 AM
May and June has been the best summer that I can remember, and so far July is amazing as well. 22-28 degree days and lots of sun with few days of hard wind.

On the other side the farmers are struggling with a country wide drought and the grass is no longer green. But I'll still take it.

SUN! In Denmark?! :w00t:
My grass is already dried out, usually does by July and into August as rain is much more scarce through summer here. But when rains come in September onwards then the lawn perks up nicely.

Watering my garden twice a day now as it's so hot some of my vegetable plants were wilting.

mongers

Do rain dances work?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2018, 06:14:43 PM
Do rain dances work?

Yes, yes they do. Why else would they be called a rain dance!

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on July 04, 2018, 07:36:36 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2018, 06:14:43 PM
Do rain dances work?

Yes, yes they do. Why else would they be called a rain dance!

Thanks, right I'm off out to do some magic. :-)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Don't forget to bring some good rain gear, just in case you spark a downpour. 

Eddie Teach

Mongers couldn't make it rain if he had a thousand pound notes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

You  need to have the right head gear, drums and proper dance sequence to make it rain. Pretty much guarantees to get rain within a week to fourteen days.

crazy canuck

Quote from: KRonn on July 04, 2018, 08:49:07 PM
You  need to have the right head gear, drums and proper dance sequence to make it rain. Pretty much guarantees to get rain within a week to fourteen days.

Really depends on how many people you can get to dance with you, and how much they perspire.

PDH

It is summer in Santa Cruz - that means 50s at night and maybe low 70s by late afternoon.  I know I keep posting that, but it just keeps on happening.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM