News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Well that is a weird coincidence.

Wow, Mumbai is three times the population of Houston. Everything is not bigger in Texas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Today's forecast has that rain system staying out over sea. Let's hope that holds up. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2017, 06:16:45 PM
Well that is a weird coincidence.

Wow, Mumbai is three times the population of Houston. Everything is not bigger in Texas.

Yeah, saw a thing that said that the flooding in India, Nepal, and Bangladesh has about 1200 dead with 1,200,000+ homeless. Pretty crazy.

Texas is closer to home, though.

Valmy

It is quite literally my home.

We will see ultimately if we are any better off when all is said and done.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 30, 2017, 06:22:49 PM
Today's forecast has that rain system staying out over sea. Let's hope that holds up. :)

I feel so cut off when I am not in the State Operations Center but from what I see it is still hammering poor Port Arthur.

Ed Anger

The remnants of Harvey is supposed to arrive Friday and bring 3-4 inches of rain. Temps of 65. Too bad I'll be stuck inside with 5 howler monkeys.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2017, 07:16:52 PM
Too bad I'll be stuck inside with 5 howler monkeys.

It's like back-to-back viewings of The Shining, and halfway through a third.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 30, 2017, 07:16:52 PM
The remnants of Harvey is supposed to arrive Friday and bring 3-4 inches of rain. Temps of 65. Too bad I'll be stuck inside with 5 howler monkeys.
It's here now.  It's oddly cold for the first day of September.  Pouring too.  Stay off the roads, old people. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

63 degrees. Thank Christ.

Maximus

Completely missed us :(. We get a couple cool days at least.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Well I am here on duty again. We will see what happens tonight. The feeling is much more upbeat than last week now that the storm has passed us and some of the responders who have been working constantly for over a week and being relieved. Lots of work left to do though.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2017, 06:47:58 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 30, 2017, 06:22:49 PM

I feel so cut off when I am not in the State Operations Center but from what I see it is still hammering poor Port Arthur.

If you are looking at the gif above, it's the same because I saved it. It won't update.

Take a look at this. Use the bar to the lower right of the map to go forward or back in time. Texas gets some light rain over time, but nothing too bad. New York gets a direct hit by Imra on the tenth though. Pressure indicates a hurricane on the border of cat 3/4.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2017090118&fh=120&xpos=0&ypos=759
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Yeah it looks like the storm is over. Now the aftermath begins.

Ed Anger

It didn't even get into the 60's today. MAH JOINTS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive