Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

It's pouring here.  No snow though. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

It's going to get below 50 here tonight.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

And we are back to it being warm again. Ah well. Come on Great Plains we want another front!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

It felt positively balmy today when I stepped out of my door at -14 (6f).   :cool:

Then I went around the corner into the wind where it apparently feels like -24c (-11f).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Yay! 2 inches of snow tomorrow and sleet! HAY KIDS, DAY OFF.

I ain't getting out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

It only got up to 59 here today :(
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Stickied the weather thread?

We have truly become a collection of nattering old people.  :(

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2016, 09:16:55 PM
I am in fucking agony. My knees, legs and ankles hurt.

FUCKING WINTER

You should move to Texas.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Started off early with some decent-looking snow-- then turned to rain.  Some winter storm this turned out to be :angry: 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 13, 2016, 12:48:35 AM
We have truly become a collection of nattering old people.  :(
nattering nabobs of negativism? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

81 degrees F, sunny, sitting on the beach.  :)

Going back to Michigan next week.  :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Jacob

Unpinning the thread.

In the free marketplace of threads, threads will rise and sink based as all threads compete based on their merits.

Besides... global warming is not fact based, so the weather should remain uncontroversial for at least the next four years.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on December 13, 2016, 01:35:13 PM
Unpinning the thread.

In the free marketplace of threads, threads will rise and sink based as all threads compete based on their merits.

Besides... global warming is not fact based, so the weather should remain uncontroversial for at least the next four years.

:cool:

This editorial decision has been welcomed by our sponsors; who they are, I have no idea.

Today, wet, mild but muddy everywhere, on the roads, outside the house, on shoes.

In the last week I've gone from wearing activity boots both outdoors and inside*, to donning wellingtons, plimsolls and slippers.  :bowler:

* Different types and pairs.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

katmai

0f (no idea what in Celsius you wankers) and ice fog for two days in row.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on December 13, 2016, 01:35:13 PM
Unpinning the thread.

Lol, somebody's been reading up on pharmaceuticals