News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Meanwhile in Vancouver we basically haven't had a summer at all.

Lots of people have been complaining, but frankly I prefer it to getting baked like the rest of you folks in the East. I can't handle that kind of hot temperatures for long.

Ed Anger

The thunderstorms last night were bad. Wrath of God bad. Surprised there wasn't any tornadoes.

Still spent the night in the basement.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

September is the perfect month.  Cool mornings and evenings, warm days.  Football comes back.  The kids are back in school.  Life is good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Mr.Penguin

This summer is officially the coldest and wettest summer since the start of the danish meteorological national records in 1874... 
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Liep

Not according to the danish meteorological institute. But it was fucking wet and boring.

No.    År    Millimeter
1.    1980    323
2.    2011    321
3.    1879    317
4.    2007    310
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Liep on September 04, 2011, 09:01:29 AM
Not according to the danish meteorological institute. But it was fucking wet and boring.

No.    År    Millimeter
1.    1980    323
2.    2011    321
3.    1879    317
4.    2007    310

Coldest and wettest...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Neil

Maybe coldest, but not wettest.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

This week has had really nice weather for a change.  Highs in the mid 70's.  I pulled out my window unit and replaced it with a small fan.  It's only 63 right now.  Perfect.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 04, 2011, 07:34:24 AM
September is the perfect month.  Cool mornings and evenings, warm days.  Football comes back.  The kids are back in school.  Life is good.

Holy fuck - the kids going back to school are destroying my commute.  Took me an hour 15 to get to the office. :ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

I can't get out of this hellhole soon enough.

Ed Anger

I shoulda bought that winter home in Scottsdale. :weep:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2011, 10:50:43 AM

Holy fuck - the kids going back to school are destroying my commute.  Took me an hour 15 to get to the office. :ultra:

Now you know my pain.  It takes me about 20 minutes now.  But I am willing to pay that 5 minute premium to not live in Edmonton.

MadImmortalMan

Snow overnight in the mountains. The pass is closed in Truckee. It rained all day yesterday at my place ~1000ft below the snow level.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 05, 2011, 11:30:04 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 08, 2011, 10:50:43 AM

Now you know my pain.  It takes me about 20 minutes now.  But I am willing to pay that 5 minute premium to not live in Edmonton.

You missed that it took me an hour and 15 minutes <_<

I have coped by coming into the office for 7am.  My commute is nw down to 45 minutes door to door. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Run the childrens down.