News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I'm a little cold. All this A/C is giving me an headache.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 21, 2011, 09:40:19 AM
This sucks.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110721/toronto-hottest-day-heat-alert-110721/20110721/?hub=TorontoNewHome

QuoteThe hottest day of Toronto's ongoing heat wave was already breaking records Thursday morning, as an imposing heat dome forced morning temperatures to their highest mark in more than 170 years.

It is goddam hot.  :(

Sucks so bad. Office has AC, but with a window seat i'm still boiling.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on July 21, 2011, 10:01:43 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 21, 2011, 09:40:19 AM
This sucks.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110721/toronto-hottest-day-heat-alert-110721/20110721/?hub=TorontoNewHome

QuoteThe hottest day of Toronto's ongoing heat wave was already breaking records Thursday morning, as an imposing heat dome forced morning temperatures to their highest mark in more than 170 years.

It is goddam hot.  :(

QuoteEnvironment Canada says the mercury is likely to hit 38 C in the city, as the heat dome settles in over central Canada for the long haul.

Not pleasant, at those temperatures I stop working.

Worst part is that it is also extremely humid, pushing humedex readings into the 40s.  :(

It really is quite unbearable outside. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 21, 2011, 10:23:36 AM

Worst part is that it is also extremely humid, pushing humedex readings into the 40s.  :(

46/47. i feel sorry for the guys working in the plant at my company. basically a giant metal easy bake oven.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on July 21, 2011, 10:26:39 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 21, 2011, 10:23:36 AM

46/47. i feel sorry for the guys working in the plant at my company. basically a giant metal easy bake oven.

Apparently it was up to 48 C with the humidity (that's 118 F) yesterday.

Bleah.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2011, 09:04:50 AM
This is bullshit.

Welcome to your continental climate, from the island with weather.  :P

Incidentally I accidentally google the weather for my home towns namesake in New Jersey rather than here, it said 100F 62% humidity*.  :(

* here it's 70F and 19% (though I think thats absolute humidity, we don't really bother that much with it.)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

I didn't think it was possible in the universe we live in for the humidity and the temperature to match even, but this AM it did.

8:00am: 80 degrees F, 80% humidity.  Total bullshit.

Should play that number today.

derspiess

It's always nice to wake up in the morning & see all the windows fogged up on the outside.  If this shit keeps up, I'll just move to Miami, where it's actually been cooler than here most of the summer so far.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

32C in Toronto right now, 31 in Havana.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

I was outside for 30 minutes. HOLY SHIT.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 22, 2011, 11:34:00 AM
I was outside for 30 minutes. HOLY SHIT.

See if you were a Texan you would never make this mistake.

Pffft.  Yankees.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Monterey has been averaging around 60-65 degrees F.  :cool:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 24, 2011, 12:07:04 AM
Monterey has been averaging around 60-65 degrees F.  :cool:

Fuck you.

HOW THE FUCK CAN IT BE 90 DEGREES OUT AT 1 AM THERE ISNT EVEN A FUCKING SUN NOW
FUCK

Razgovory

Heat wave has been pretty, bad.  Then something odd happened, it started raining on clear day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017