News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Yesterday was the first day <30°C in almost two weeks. Finally able to breathe again. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on August 29, 2023, 12:42:47 AMYesterday was the first day <30°C in almost two weeks. Finally able to breathe again. -_-

The last day we had that was <30°C was June 8th.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Since my arrival in Bragança, temperatures have cooled down. 30°C announced for Thursday and then a week or so around 22-24, with possible sparse showers.  :)

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2023, 12:11:08 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 29, 2023, 12:42:47 AMYesterday was the first day <30°C in almost two weeks. Finally able to breathe again. -_-

The last day we had that was <30°C was June 8th.

Yeah, but you're in Texas, whereas our weather is usually more similar to, dunno, Oregon maybe? ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 29, 2023, 12:19:13 PMSince my arrival in Bragança, temperatures have cooled down. 30°C announced for Thursday and then a week or so around 22-24, with possible sparse showers.  :)

Your cool (cooling) influence perhaps? :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

I will say this is quite a Wtf weather summer with the frequency of Spanish rain.
It isn't normal British rain where it stays permanently damp all day and comes down in drips and drabs.
No. Its a fine sunny day... Then suddenly the heavens open for an hour and every field becomes a lake.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Not seen that so much down here. Had a bit of sun thankfully but back to the teens and often overcast. It's been one of the worst summers I can remember - it was basically June and then the odd day or two.

Hopefully September's good :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on August 29, 2023, 02:36:28 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 29, 2023, 12:19:13 PMSince my arrival in Bragança, temperatures have cooled down. 30°C announced for Thursday and then a week or so around 22-24, with possible sparse showers.  :)

If so, I am the new Messiah (past 33 so I should be fine).  :P

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 30, 2023, 04:59:00 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 29, 2023, 02:36:28 PM

If so, I am the new Messiah (past 33 so I should be fine).  :P

Interesting point, I guess future cult leaders like Koresh are likely to blame authorities/political leaders for the climate change and maybe claim to have powers to change the weather?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on August 30, 2023, 03:20:17 PMInteresting point, I guess future cult leaders like Koresh are likely to blame authorities/political leaders for the climate change and maybe claim to have powers to change the weather?

Rain-making ceremonies and/or witches are actually exist from time immemorial.  :P

mongers

Reached 31C here today.   <_<

Officially it's a heatwave in many parts of the UK.

Duque de Bragança

Seems I will come back just in time for the last heatwave in Paris.  :frusty:
As in 30-35 °C in the city centre, with temperatures not falling enough by night.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 06, 2023, 05:03:42 PMSeems I will come back just in time for the last heatwave in Paris.  :frusty:
As in 30-35 °C in the city centre, with temperatures not falling enough by night.

The 'benefits' metropolitan life.  :P

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on September 06, 2023, 05:20:35 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 06, 2023, 05:03:42 PMSeems I will come back just in time for the last heatwave in Paris.  :frusty:

The 'benefits' metropolitan life.  :P

Enjoying the night life since it is too hot to go back home anyways.  :P

Grey Fox

Got to 32 in Montreal, 4th day in a row overing around 30.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.