News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I must say, the rain may suck but I do like that I'm having to start wearing a jumper in August.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Tornado in Ottawa (another one), and I'm freezing my butt over here.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Reutlingen in Southern Germany was hit by hail, covering the town in a 30cm (1 foot) blanket of it.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on August 04, 2023, 11:32:37 PMReutlingen in Southern Germany was hit by hail, covering the town in a 30cm (1 foot) blanket of it.

:blink:

W. T. F.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

Could have been frogs...

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on August 04, 2023, 02:53:31 AMI must say, the rain may suck but I do like that I'm having to start wearing a jumper in August.
You're a monster <_< :P
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 06, 2023, 06:47:55 AM
Quote from: Josquius on August 04, 2023, 02:53:31 AMI must say, the rain may suck but I do like that I'm having to start wearing a jumper in August.
You're a monster <_< :P

In addition to wearing a thin jumper, today I've started wearing a beanie hat inside the house, down stairs temperature reads 18.8C at the moment. :hmm:

Duque de Bragança

20°C max today, no rain, so good enough for a picnic. Wearing a sports jacket though.

28°C from Thursday on, however.

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on August 06, 2023, 07:05:31 AMIn addition to wearing a thin jumper, today I've started wearing a beanie hat inside the house, down stairs temperature reads 18.8C at the moment. :hmm:
Yeah it has been cold. And August is normally crap here - my imagine of a good UK summer is normally that it's nice, sunny and clear May-July then overcast and drizzly in August and then really nice again for September.

My problem with this year is that basically it was only nice in June :weep:

But looks like things are turning next week, thank God.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 06, 2023, 01:22:11 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 06, 2023, 07:05:31 AMIn addition to wearing a thin jumper, today I've started wearing a beanie hat inside the house, down stairs temperature reads 18.8C at the moment. :hmm:
Yeah it has been cold. And August is normally crap here - my imagine of a good UK summer is normally that it's nice, sunny and clear May-July then overcast and drizzly in August and then really nice again for September.

My problem with this year is that basically it was only nice in June :weep:

But looks like things are turning next week, thank God.

Well in Southern England today it was a proper summer day, good sunshine and temperatures over 25C! :gasp:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Heat index hitting 110 today if I heard right.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 23, 2023, 12:16:07 PMHeat index hitting 110 today if I heard right.

That's too warm for me.

Valmy

Barely any rain and blazing hot temperatures for 100+ days now. This is why Fall is my favorite season, it has the promise of relief.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."