News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Hurricane Nicole looks like it's heading right at us.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on November 08, 2022, 05:10:13 PMHurricane Nicole looks like it's heading right at us.   :(

It looks like it will go further south now; but the storm is so large that we're already getting wind and rain.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

mongers

Seriously mild here these last few weeks and properly rainy weather too; everything seems to have started growing again.

The most on the extension roof, which the window here overlooks has the most gloriously green moss clumps on it, so much so you couldn't get a believable/accurate photo of it, the green is that Hockneyesque.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

T-55 had much greener armor.

/SirHockney
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Lots of snow fell in Stockholm last night, accompanied by some thunder and lightning after midnight. Winter thunderstorms always feel kind of weird I think.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Looks like Buffalo got whalloped with a couple of metres of snow.

We escaped lightly up here.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on November 21, 2022, 10:21:35 AMLooks like Buffalo got whalloped with a couple of metres of snow.

We escaped lightly up here.
Sooo... No need to call in the army this time? ;) :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Snow in London. I will be happy to head west.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

No Snow in Montreal.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2022, 03:19:45 PMSnow in London. I will be happy to head west.

No snow here yet, but very cold for this part of the country; last 6 day overnight lows:
Tue   4.6
Wed -1.1
Thu   -5.6
Fri   -5.9
Sat   -6.8
Sun   -5.4

:sad:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2022, 03:19:45 PMSnow in London. I will be happy to head west.
Yeah here too. It will be carnage tomorrow.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

The level of national panic over 2-5cm of snow (official data) never ceases to amuse.  :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on December 12, 2022, 04:49:22 AMThe level of national panic over 2-5cm of snow (official data) never ceases to amuse.  :lol:
I've had all my meetings this morning cancelled due to travel issues :lol:

Worth saying, the bits of the country where snow is every year (like Scotland) handle it very well.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on December 12, 2022, 04:49:22 AMThe level of national panic over 2-5cm of snow (official data) never ceases to amuse.  :lol:

My husband and I discussed this morning that this is what happens anytime something other than mild weather happens. Look how wild it gets if it is hot or when it rains heavily. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Heavy rain I am more sympathetic to, where we live the roads can get properly flooded, I once almost stalled in the middle of a small pool formed under  railroad bridge because I felt I just had to risk driving through it.