News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 31, 2022, 07:54:40 PMToday was a record breaking scorcher in Vancouver - on the CC deck, it was 38C in the shade.  Crazy temperatures for this time of year.

:blink:

Yeah that's mad.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Rain in Santa Cruz in September.  Truly these are the end of times.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Summer makes a demoralizing return this week to central Texas. We had it so good for awhile there. Only like 34C, good times. But now back up to 39C for a few days. Come on Autumn I am counting on you!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Tropical storm in Newfoundland, Martime provinces, Magedeleine Islands (Qc) and part of the Gaspesian peninsula in Quebec (Chandler area, to be more precise).

Lots of damages reported, 2 women swept away by the waves in Newfoundland. :(
Link

Edit: one of the women was rescued.  Both of them were in basements.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Savonarola

90 degrees F (30 C) and the hurricane is coming; it's fall in Florida.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

crazy canuck

Was 27C here yesterday afternoon, a little cooler today, but still a lot warmer than a fall day in Vancouver should be.

Savonarola

We've been advised to "Hunker down" (the official meteorological term) by noon today, as we're expected to get 2" (5 cm) of rain between 1 and 2 from Ian.  Fortunately it's only supposed to be a tropical storm when it gets here (and the peak winds won't arrive until later, right now they're predicted to be around 6 PM.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

We didn't even lose power; which is almost miraculous in this part of Florida.  (We did lose cable.)  Our only issues were we had some downed palm fronds and we lost our carp wind sock.

Tampa was supposed to get storm surges, but instead the bay drained out for quite a way.  Naturally people ran out to take selfies on the bay floor, during a hurricane warning.

crazy canuck

Continued late summer warm days with no rain, for at least another week.

In October, in a temperate rainforest.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 03, 2022, 08:38:19 AMContinued late summer warm days with no rain, for at least another week.

In October, in a temperate rainforest.

Crazy times CC, crazy times.

crazy canuck

Summer has now come to an end. It's raining!  For the first time in 22 days.  And the temperature has dropped.

It will be a bit of a shock for the bees that were collecting pollen from our late summer flowers yesterday.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 21, 2022, 09:02:49 AMSummer has now come to an end. It's raining!  For the first time in 22 days.  And the temperature has dropped.

It will be a bit of a shock for the bees that were collecting pollen from our late summer flowers yesterday.

:cool:

Here we're enjoying successive days of rain, very mild, many things have started growing again, including daisy and dandilions in the pleasantly green grass.  :bowler:

Barrister

Someone offered me free CFL Eskimos tickets for tonight.  I said "Sure!" without thinking as it has been so warm.

It's supposed to be +5c by kickoff, dropping down to +2c.  Brr.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

It's an important game.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 21, 2022, 04:24:07 PMIt's an important game.

Yes - the Elks want to get this stupid "no wins at home since 2019" monkey off their back so it's not a talking point during the off-season.

Besides - whomever comes out of the West semi-final is just going to be a speed bump for Big Blue anyways. :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.