crazy canuck

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 19, 2022, 12:53:29 PM
Quote from: HVC on August 19, 2022, 12:49:05 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 19, 2022, 11:56:49 AM
Quote from: HVC on August 19, 2022, 11:52:39 AMOil and cattle  :P

Oil is no reason to live someplace.

Works for the Norwegians  ;)

Maybe, but they have got fish, not cattle.  :P

And perhaps a few other differences that might make living in Norway a bit better than Texas.

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on August 19, 2022, 11:56:49 AMOil is no reason to live someplace.

The bulk of the Norwegian oil is out at sea, while most of them live on land.

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on August 19, 2022, 12:57:45 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 19, 2022, 11:56:49 AMOil is no reason to live someplace.

The bulk of the Norwegian oil is out at sea, while most of them live on land.

I agree it's a shame they gave up their seafaring ways :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Heading North to the cooler temps
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Wearing a windbreaker and using an umbrella. I forgot what this was like. :blush: :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

The long promised heavy rain finally arrives :w00t:

On the day when my dad was meant to be helping with my new roof...
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

The heavy rain came for us a couple of days ago and it's been overcast ever since. I've gone from delighted to furious :blush: :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 20, 2022, 10:37:17 AMThe heavy rain came for us a couple of days ago and it's been overcast ever since. I've gone from delighted to furious :blush: :lol:

I found it hadn't helped as much as I wanted. My flat was still hot (as the heat stayed in it) and was rather humid.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2022, 10:31:49 AMWearing a windbreaker and using an umbrella. I forgot what this was like. :blush: :D

You're in the Western Isles, aren't you?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on August 20, 2022, 06:22:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 20, 2022, 10:31:49 AMWearing a windbreaker and using an umbrella. I forgot what this was like. :blush: :D

Oh so they're having a record-breaking summer too? :o

My parents are up in the far north for a wedding. It's about 15 degrees and a decent summer :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 20, 2022, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 20, 2022, 06:22:13 PM

Oh so they're having a record-breaking summer too? :o

My parents are up in the far north for a wedding. It's about 15 degrees and a decent summer :lol:

:cool:

Wish we had some of that here, the forest here is very dry and a lot of the trees are 'giving up the ghost'.  :cry:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Western parts of Austria have been devastated by wind and rain the last couple of days. Two children and three adults died.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Today was a record breaking scorcher in Vancouver - on the CC deck, it was 38C in the shade.  Crazy temperatures for this time of year.

Valmy

Rain continues to come down in Central Texas after four months of scorching heat. Never been so happy to reach September.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."