News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

This is hell. Hot and sticky and a baby that won't sleep.
Contrary to predictions today is going to be worse  :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on July 16, 2022, 08:04:38 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 16, 2022, 07:18:23 AM39 and 40 °C forecast for Monday and Tuesday in Paris.  :bleeding:

42°C in Bragança but at least temperature sharply decreases at night.

That's also what's forecasted for London and Central/Eastern England, luckily here in central Southern England we might get away with 2-3C on those days.

At least, you get cool nights, outside of big cities.  :)

Quote from: Josquius on July 19, 2022, 04:20:21 AMThis is hell. Hot and sticky and a baby that won't sleep.

Predictions said today was going to be the worst day: mission accomplished!  :D
Rain (!) forecast in the night of Tuesday to Wednesday.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 19, 2022, 05:01:11 AM
Quote from: mongers on July 16, 2022, 08:04:38 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 16, 2022, 07:18:23 AM39 and 40 °C forecast for Monday and Tuesday in Paris.  :bleeding:

42°C in Bragança but at least temperature sharply decreases at night.

Hopefully, me, the cat and extended family are awaiting the South-Westerlies winds this evening.

That's also what's forecasted for London and Central/Eastern England, luckily here in central Southern England we might get away with 2-3C on those days.

At least, you get cool nights, outside of big cities.  :)

Quote from: Josquius on July 19, 2022, 04:20:21 AMThis is hell. Hot and sticky and a baby that won't sleep.

Predictions said today was going to be the worst day: mission accomplished!  :D
Rain (!) forecast in the night of Tuesday to Wednesday.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

As of right now, our outside meter thingie is measuring 37C (on the North side of the building) and 30 on the inside. A big weak point in our defenses is no curtains on kitchen windows and no kitchen door, so we can only partially block out the sun. 

Syt

Current forecast for Vienna looks "fun."

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on July 19, 2022, 06:50:40 AMAs of right now, our outside meter thingie is measuring 37C (on the North side of the building) and 30 on the inside. A big weak point in our defenses is no curtains on kitchen windows and no kitchen door, so we can only partially block out the sun.

I'm using a couple of sliver car sunshades on two vulnerable E/SE facing windows, drap them on the outside of the window and trap the thin straps on the inside of the window when I close it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on July 19, 2022, 06:50:40 AMAs of right now, our outside meter thingie is measuring 37C (on the North side of the building) and 30 on the inside. A big weak point in our defenses is no curtains on kitchen windows and no kitchen door, so we can only partially block out the sun. 

Use some something to temporarily block them out. Towels could work.

garbon

I stayed in a hotel last night, it was lovely.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Our office has A/C, which creates extra incentive to come in at the moment. Plus, we're allowed to wear shorts on 30+ days (provided there's no important visitors coming in).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Shorts are not a problem at my office but I can't get myself to do it.
The bigger problem is not getting any sleep two nights in a row.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on July 19, 2022, 10:17:56 AMShorts are not a problem at my office but I can't get myself to do it.

Same
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Went to the movies. A/C at full speed, so people coughing during the movie. No ice cream following the movie.

Grey Fox

It's 29 with a humidex of 36 right now and my heat pump is doing its job. I don't understand you Euros thinking living with 40 and not sleeping for 2 weeks is ok.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2022, 06:27:34 PMIt's 29 with a humidex of 36 right now and my heat pump is doing its job. I don't understand you Euros thinking living with 40 and not sleeping for 2 weeks is ok.

Most houses in Western Europe have shit insulation. AC would either be ineffective or cost a shit tonne.

I think Germany has decent standards though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2022, 06:54:47 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2022, 06:27:34 PMIt's 29 with a humidex of 36 right now and my heat pump is doing its job. I don't understand you Euros thinking living with 40 and not sleeping for 2 weeks is ok.

Most houses in Western Europe have shit insulation. AC would either be ineffective or cost a shit tonne.

I think Germany has decent standards though.

There's always an excuse.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.