News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Going to hit 21C tomorrow in Toronto. Ugh, not looking forward to summer.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Summer is here, the evidence ....

.... swallows arrived in the meadows here two or three days ago.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on April 12, 2022, 12:14:08 PMGoing to hit 21C tomorrow in Toronto. Ugh, not looking forward to summer.

What season do Torontoites look forward to?

HVC

This one likes spring and fall lol. And truthfully I don't mind winter. Summer gets too humid.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

crazy canuck

The first time I ever really experienced Fall was when I was in Ontario for a conference.  We don't really get that here.  It was strikingly beautiful.   :)

mongers

Cooled down a bit to early Autumn temperatures, actually I say that, but maybe it is Now September. ;-)

Admiral Yi

It has been phenomenally windy here since March or so.  Like dust bowl windy.  Anyone else getting this, especially in tornado alley?

Admiral Yi

Heat index of 105.  First time in my life it felt to hot to golf in a cart.

Of all the shit US troops went through in Iraq I sympathized most with the heat.

garbon

So predicted 40c (104f) for London on Monday when it'll be just marginally hotter in Palm Springs 43c (109f). Definitely a wtf moment.

I wonder if you can sleep on the Elizabeth line. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Time to invest in AC.

Josquius

So. The heat wave seems done. Absolutely pissing down.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Josquius on July 15, 2022, 09:02:33 AMSo. The heat wave seems done. Absolutely pissing down.

It's a false relief. Wait until the sun come up and brings the glorious humidity.

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on July 15, 2022, 09:07:24 AM
Quote from: Josquius on July 15, 2022, 09:02:33 AMSo. The heat wave seems done. Absolutely pissing down.

It's a false relief. Wait until the sun come up and brings the glorious humidity.
Cursed Spanish rain.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

39 and 40 °C forecast for Monday and Tuesday in Paris.  :bleeding:

42°C in Bragança but at least temperature sharply decreases at night.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 16, 2022, 07:18:23 AM39 and 40 °C forecast for Monday and Tuesday in Paris.  :bleeding:

42°C in Bragança but at least temperature sharply decreases at night.

That's also what's forecasted for London and Central/Eastern England, luckily here in central Southern England we might get away with 2-3C on those days.