News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Well, the problem will be solved when people just move to a provider with a grid that does meet the requirements. Competition baby!

(and no, I don't think a completely free and barely regulated market is a good idea for utilities)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

But as you can tell about a week ago we suddenly went into full Texas summer mode. Blistering humid heat both night and day. It came late but it came strong. I will be inside until October now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

We're getting the first series of 30+ days this week. I've stocked up on ice cream and filled my ice cube trays.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

When it's warmer in Northern Germany than in the Algarve, Sicily or the Sinai ...

—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Quote from: Syt on June 17, 2021, 11:17:47 AM
When it's warmer in Northern Germany than in the Algarve, Sicily or the Sinai ...

It's lovely.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 17, 2021, 11:41:23 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 17, 2021, 11:17:47 AM

It's lovely.

18°C in Bragança, wow, just wow! Cool. :)

Syt

So my phone said it's 21°C at 6 am this morning. I had the windows open and a draft going, but my apartment is still 25°C, and I wondered why. Then I stepped into the inner yard to take out the garbage and - yes, same temperature outside as inside.
—Stephen Jay Gould

PDH

Thank hod that last heatwave is over here - 95f/35c on the Central Coast is way too hot for June.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on May 29, 2021, 04:50:02 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 19, 2021, 12:15:49 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2021, 12:15:16 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 19, 2021, 12:02:41 PM
Texas is the Alberta of the US

I mean it did snow here this year.

Exactly
it snows everywhere in the country during Wintier, except in lowland southern B.C..  I figure those that live close to the Alaska border do get some snow come winter.

I would like to point out it snows on our mountains, which is where snow belongs.  :D

Syt

Pacific North West warming up a bit, I see ... :unsure:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

116°F is 46.67°C
:blink:
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Fool, it's hot! I told you again! Were you born on the sun? It's damn hot!

Yesterday on the CC back deck (in the cool shade of tall cedars) it was 39 in the afternoon.  At 8 am it is already 27 with 66% humidity.

Jacob

BC is, I believe, set to break the record for hottest temperature on record in Canada.

It's damn hot.

Monday and Tuesday are the last two days of the school year, and Monday just got cancelled due to heat.

We finally got a few portable AC units (I've been advocating for them for a few years). We're managing to keep house temps at between 24 C to 27 C during the afternoon (depending on the floor) which is blessedly cool compared to what some folks are experiencing.

It's damn hot.

Sheilbh

This is the worst summer we've had for years - and I am furious.

Yes it's a British summer, but this amount of rainy grey days is not acceptable <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 28, 2021, 07:34:15 AM
This is the worst summer we've had for years - and I am furious.

Yes it's a British summer, but this amount of rainy grey days is not acceptable <_<

Go to sunny Cornwall. :contract:  :D

Renowned in all British isles/Hiberno-British archipelago.