News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on February 17, 2021, 08:42:04 AM
It seems conservative media are blaming renewable energies for the power failures.

Well, did they build Wind turbines without any isolation or heating components.  ;)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

It seems conservative media are blaming renewable energies for the power failures.

Well they aren't allowed to blame deregulation and lack of governmental oversight because those aren't problems, no sir.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on February 17, 2021, 09:41:43 AM

Well they aren't allowed to blame deregulation and lack of governmental oversight because those aren't problems, no sir.

:lol:

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 17, 2021, 08:59:44 AM

Well, did they build Wind turbines without any isolation or heating components.  ;)

i read its the natural gas that's the issue. Pumping stations were getting too cold. plus their electric, which causes an issue when you don't have power.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on February 17, 2021, 11:52:44 AM

i read its the natural gas that's the issue. Pumping stations were getting too cold. plus their electric, which causes an issue when you don't have power.

Same sort of issue though, building infrastructure that can withstand a once in a century event is a fairly old building code requirement in most areas.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Everything in Texas is always the fault of the Demoncrats.  Duh :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

In happier news it looks like it has warmed up enough for me to take the boys skiing for the first time in at least 2 weeks. Temperature at 6pm is supposed to be -9c.  There's a windchill temp of -17C, but since this ski "hill" is just the side of a ravine valley I'm hoping it's a bit more sheltered from the wind.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2021, 12:25:16 PM

We haven't been in power since 1994.

Anyway I lost power all day but it came back on at 7PM today.

What a disgrace to the Commission. I see rough times ahead.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on February 17, 2021, 11:52:44 AM

I will be able to tell you more later. Lots of rumors going around I would like to hear from people who know what they are talking about.

Right now I am almost entirely cut off from my office because the power is out. How ironic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

:hmm: Don't you work for a utility?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

My friend has been out of power since Monday at 2am.  68+ or so hours now.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2021, 08:49:28 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2021, 12:25:16 PM

We haven't been in power since 1994.

Anyway I lost power all day but it came back on at 7PM today.

What a disgrace to the Commission. I see rough times ahead.

The perfidious Democrat is most powerful when he is out of power.  :ph34r:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2021, 11:12:10 PM
:hmm: Don't you work for a utility?

No. I work for the Utility Commission hence my bemoaning this disgrace to it.

The next year or so at work should be fun.