News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

It's offically wet in central Southern England.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Mongers lives in South Central?

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Holy Crap. CBS just ran a story on the Mooncrickets in Chicago, the heat and the effects on the violence there.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Breaking News: Reports of a fiery yellow disc seen flying in the skies over southern England; government appeals for people to remain calm and ignore it, say it's very unlikely to be seen again in the short term.   :bowler:

Razgovory

Bank thermostat read "118" today :lol:  Maybe a little off.  It was over 100 though.   It's still over 100.  It's 104 and it's almost six in the evening.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on July 05, 2012, 05:51:54 PM
Bank thermostat read "118" today :lol:  Maybe a little off.  It was over 100 though.   It's still over 100.  It's 104 and it's almost six in the evening.

Dang that's hot, and being so ongoing must be bad.

iirc I've only once seen 100f in the UK and that was on the hottest ever day in the uk and probably then the local temperature wasn't actually over 100, just near to it. 

Razgovory

I heard on the news that St. Louis has 10 days of 100+ weather consecutively.  I suspect Jefferson City is has also had this problem.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Going to be hot in New England this weekend, and has been this week so far. Today wasn't too bad, in the 80s and wasn't too bad for humidity. My garden loves it, so bring on the heat!   :)

katmai

59 and raining here.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Heat is supposed to break Sunday. High 80's.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 05, 2012, 06:58:53 PM
Heat is supposed to break Sunday. High 80's.

You know it's bad when you look at the highs for the next week, and can't wait for the one with 90 to show the fuck up.  Goddamn, it's fucking hot.

PDH

Rain rolled through here (with lightning to fire up the tinder dry trees), and now the temp is 59 and drizzly.  Good thing too, the smoke from the fire 30 miles away was worse than as a kid sitting next to my great uncle smoking one of his cigars...in his Buick, in summer, with the windows rolled up.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on July 05, 2012, 10:13:42 PM
Rain rolled through here (with lightning to fire up the tinder dry trees), and now the temp is 59 and drizzly.

That is good.

CountDeMoney

The National Weather Service is calling for Friday to be sunny, with a high near 102 and north winds around 5 miles per hour or less.

A heat advisory is in effect from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, with heat index values expected to be around 105. An excessive heat watch will be in effect Saturday afternoon and evening.

Fucking fuck already.

Ed Anger

And I've got to get out in this shit today.