News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

So we're having the earliest in the year recorded warm wave (3 days above 25) in Denmark. This is a nice contrast to last year which had the worst summer ever with 0 days with temperatures above 25 in Copenhagen.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

We had some strong thunderstorms come through here in Massachusetts. I was watching the New England News station and the weather forecaster was giving on going tornado warnings to specific areas and towns in Connecticut. Mostly warnings as radar showed signs of conditions. So I was keeping a watch on weather here as the storm moved east but I'm not aware of any tornado activity, but some heavy winds and damage in some areas.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on May 16, 2018, 05:28:09 PM
We had some strong thunderstorms come through here in Massachusetts. I was watching the New England News station and the weather forecaster was giving on going tornado warnings to specific areas and towns in Connecticut. Mostly warnings as radar showed signs of conditions. So I was keeping a watch on weather here as the storm moved east but I'm not aware of any tornado activity, but some heavy winds and damage in some areas.

:(

Not hot enough here for summer thunderstorms yet.

We've been having somewhat odd weather here recently, day after day of warm, often very sunny days.  :hmm:  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Holy shit it is hot this week.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

We went back to fall this week but due to re-enter spring this weekend through next week.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Now it's back to Autumn here too, after the heat, thunderstorms and tornado warnings. But back into the 70s for most of next week. I did plant peas in my garden last week. They like the cooler weather but I fear that by the time they're grown it'll be July so they may not produce so well for long.

PDH

Been gorgeous 70s here - morning fogs and burning off before noon to be nice sunny afternoons.  No wonder everyone and all Google/Apple employees want to live here...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

May is still a scorcher and now there's a nature fire going on, the first in a long time. I love this weather. :cool:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on May 25, 2018, 11:22:15 AM
May is still a scorcher and now there's a nature fire going on, the first in a long time. I love this weather. :cool:

:cool:

Had some clouds over the last couple of days; sunny spells make a nice change from dawn to dusk strong sunshine.  :bowler:

KRonn

Nice weather here, very warm the last couple days especially with the past week being quite temperate. Going to cool down a bit the next couple of days, which will be good as it'll be easier for me to work in the garden as I finish planting this coming week.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on May 26, 2018, 07:30:45 PM
Nice weather here, very warm the last couple days especially with the past week being quite temperate. Going to cool down a bit the next couple of days, which will be good as it'll be easier for me to work in the garden as I finish planting this coming week.

Pretty warm here too, 26-27C when I set out at 6pm this evening, night-time temperatures in the mid 60s.   :bowler:

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on May 26, 2018, 08:07:49 PM
Quote from: KRonn on May 26, 2018, 07:30:45 PM

Pretty warm here too, 26-27C when I set out at 6pm this evening, night-time temperatures in the mid 60s.   :bowler:

Very nice, I love those temps. Not too hot, very comfortable.  :)

garbon

Continental Europeans should invest in a/c and/or deodorant. :contract:

Having a drink indoors hiding out from the incipient thunderstorm.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

The Texas heat is in midsummer form already. Blistering hot all day and you are going to sweat at 6 am kind of days. And next week it is going to be 106/41 during the afternoons. In Texas we often refer to the drought summer of 2011, the hottest in recorded history, which we only recovered from with that hurricane last year.

So, needless to say, I sure hope this is not a taste of things to come  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Heh, after the last few days of heat, today feels like Autumn in Massachusetts. Tomorrow also will be cool. But temps are in the 50sF (13C) which really isn't that cool. Just feels so raw with cloudy skies and some off and on rain.