And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2016, 07:07:07 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2016, 05:31:56 AM
Quite cold in Brighton but at least the sun is out for now.

Brighton rocks?

The beach does have an awful lot of them
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 05, 2016, 07:52:18 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2016, 07:43:18 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 05, 2016, 07:18:32 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 05, 2016, 07:07:07 AM

Brighton rocks?

It's the English Riviera, isn't it? :)

That's a moveable feast, heard places as far west as Torquay described so.

Does it reach Bournemouth?  :P

I think to all intent and purposes its an ironic term, though I think Bournemouth is one of top three sunniest places in the UK, not that that says a lot compared to the South of France.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Still pretty cold but unbelievably sunny. I might end up with an autumn tan!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

It's been gorgeous, and the experts have said this weekending we're at peak leafpeeping, but the colors aren't as vibrant as they should be because it's been dry.  Also, it could stand to be 10 degrees cooler.

Valmy

Today might have been the first Autumn Texas style day this year. About 18C/64F or so. Nice rain.

Forecast looks like this will continue for the next week or so. I am pleased.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Definitely glove weather now I'm going out in consistently mid-low 40s temperatures.   :bowler:

Ed Anger

I covered my air conditioner and pulled the fuse today.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2016, 08:34:03 PM
Definitely glove weather now I'm going out in consistently mid-low 40s temperatures.   :bowler:
Pouffe ;) I assume that's just when cycling, I know you're sturdier than that.

3C (37F) when I left this morning. Scarf's out but no hat, gloves or "big coat" yet.

I bet RH is still going out in shirt sleeves, like a proper northerner.

mongers

Quote from: Brazen on November 08, 2016, 11:48:20 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2016, 08:34:03 PM
Pouffe ;) I assume that's just when cycling, I know you're sturdier than that.

3C (37F) when I left this morning. Scarf's out but no hat, gloves or "big coat" yet.

I bet RH is still going out in shirt sleeves, like a proper northerner.

:D

Indeed, just when cycling.

Well yes, RH has everyone beat, saving Tyr and in his case it's genetic.  :)

Richard Hakluyt

We've had to turn the heating on and start wearing pullovers.........the shame  :(

Liep

The fingerless gloves are no longer enough and I've found my mittens. Winter has come.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Blizzard warning for tonight.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Articles about remembering to clear the walkway and driving safely are almost beating articles on the election in quantity. #makewintergreatagain

mongers

Mild again in England, 12-13C for the next few days.  :bowler:

garbon

As one would expect, Hamburg is quite chilly at this time of year. Also quite misty/foggy. Makes London look currently balmy and sunny in comparison. :D