And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on December 16, 2013, 05:41:27 PM
Quote from: merithyn on December 16, 2013, 05:35:38 PM
Some models have Jack Frost dumping 19-20 inches of snow on us this coming weekend. :yeah:

Lucky.  It's looking here like we'll have rain & up to 55-degree weather :(

We did get what I believe is our 4th snow this morning.  Just a dusting, but usually we're lucky to get a few flurries before Christmas.

Several other models show the temp being too warm for snow, which means rain, instead. I prefer the snow models. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Brazen

Stupidly warm and wet here - 12 C (53F).

CountDeMoney

We're supposed to get some flash snow tonight, but they're calling for highs to hit 60 on Friday.  With all this snow on the ground, can't wait to see the rush hour fog that morning.  People. Will. Die.

katmai

it is 1 right now, don't ask me what that is in infernal euro temps. But it is fecking cold.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: Brazen on December 16, 2013, 06:13:22 PM
Stupidly warm and wet here - 12 C (53F).

Yeah, we're having a very mild and grey winter here, too. Lots of fog and around the 10 C mark.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Figure there's about a half inch of solid ice on my car in my driveway right now. Very short window tomorrow evening for cleaning it up and hoping the doors will open before really cold weather sets in.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

I need an ark. 3 inches of rain and counting.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Not sure how much rain we've had but we had a massive windstorm last night and lost power for around 3 hours. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

We got about half a foot last night.  Might be fishing butts out of the butt can.

Brazen

Severe weather warning for wind and rain for the UK for today and tomorrow. The train line I use on my commute is making pre-emptive cancellations rather than waiting and seeing. Needless to say I'm knocking off early (last day in the office today, working from home tomorrow) to avoid the transport chaos.

"Britain gripped by weather a bit rubbish in midwinter shocker".

Liep

Yeah, heavy winds, +8C and rain. Lovely Christmas.

And they've started doing the pre-emptive cancellations here as well, a lot of money to be saved in not driving into trees.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Bah...projected window to clean up ice didn't materialize. Temp remained below zero all day. Long range forecast shows 0C on Saturday. Might be able to get in my car then. :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

I got whalloped by the ice storm. No power for more than 24 hours (it just came back). The end of my street is blocked off by fallen trees.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.