News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 17, 2013, 03:13:40 PM
My apologies then, in talks the impression was if not in Maryland/DC you hadn't been bothering.

Oh hells no.  Naturally, I've been avoiding anything Sherman may have burned, the Southwest and LA, but it's game on for gentler climes.

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2013, 03:16:59 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 17, 2013, 03:13:40 PM
My apologies then, in talks the impression was if not in Maryland/DC you hadn't been bothering.

Oh hells no.  Naturally, I've been avoiding anything Sherman may have burned, the Southwest and LA, but it's game on for gentler climes.

This is the weather WTF thread, not the I suck thread.

We have some storms coming thru, my fault. I washed the Scallywagon for the first time since Oct. <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

All Languish threads are either:

1) stream of consciousness.
2) golden streams of urine.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on May 17, 2013, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2013, 03:08:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 17, 2013, 03:04:05 PM
Yep sitting there for a year getting rejection after rejection is much better alternative.

Moving isn't exactly a cheap decision.  There are only so many times you can move while unemployed if you're not regularly a migrant worker.

You are gonna tell me about moving?!?

Fuggedaboutit!

Except that as far as I know you do the migrant worker thing - bit different when your life isn't setup that way. Well maybe I should say itinerant so as not to making it sound like you engage in fruit picking. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2013, 03:26:33 PM

Golden streams of conscious urine.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2013, 03:39:15 PM
Except that as far as I know you do the migrant worker thing - bit different when your life isn't setup that way. Well maybe I should say itinerant so as not to making it sound like you engage in fruit picking. -_-

He's "independent".  Like the Paladin.  Have Camera Will Travel

lustindarkness

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2013, 03:40:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2013, 03:26:33 PM

Golden streams of conscious urine.

:lol: So true.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2013, 03:39:15 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 17, 2013, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2013, 03:08:40 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 17, 2013, 03:04:05 PM
Yep sitting there for a year getting rejection after rejection is much better alternative.

Moving isn't exactly a cheap decision.  There are only so many times you can move while unemployed if you're not regularly a migrant worker.

You are gonna tell me about moving?!?

Fuggedaboutit!

Well maybe I should say itinerant so as not to making it sound like you engage in fruit picking. -_-
Yes please as that was my father 60 years ago :P

And really I live choose to live in one area, it just the jobs that have me moving. Not so much different than many other professions.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

75 here today.  This heat wave had better end soon.  It barely got down below 50 last night.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: PDH on May 17, 2013, 03:51:18 PM
75 here today.  This heat wave had better end soon.  It barely got down below 50 last night.
I hate you so much right now.
35 and raining atm.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on May 17, 2013, 03:50:16 PM
And really I live choose to live in one area, it just the jobs that have me moving. Not so much different than many other professions.

Disagree as while many jobs might send people on brief business trips, I don't think there are that many people who decamp to other locations for many weeks/months for work.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 17, 2013, 03:52:45 PM
35 and raining atm.

I hate you so much right now.  35 and raining would be lovely right now.  :(

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2013, 04:01:36 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 17, 2013, 03:52:45 PM
35 and raining atm.

I hate you so much right now.  35 and raining would be lovely right now.  :(

:x

garbon

Decided to get rowdy and walk home. Cut over to the Highline which has certainly raised property values. New construction going up everywhere. Saw a lot of burnt white people.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 17, 2013, 05:49:23 PM
Decided to get rowdy and walk home. Cut over to the Highline which has certainly raised property values. New construction going up everywhere. Saw a lot of burnt white people.

Translation into Blightyese please.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"