Asian population in California Campuses Explodes

Started by jimmy olsen, June 28, 2011, 08:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 28, 2011, 09:28:45 PM
I've been at the University of Toronto almost every week day for the past month and a half, and I don't know to what extent it's just a skewed view brought on by summer student demographics, but I would say the students are 80% Asian.

Yeah, I had forgotten about that, but now that you mention it, that matches my experience--almost all the foreign students at my college took summer classes.

Monoriu

Quote from: dps on June 28, 2011, 09:50:15 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on June 28, 2011, 09:28:45 PM
I've been at the University of Toronto almost every week day for the past month and a half, and I don't know to what extent it's just a skewed view brought on by summer student demographics, but I would say the students are 80% Asian.

Yeah, I had forgotten about that, but now that you mention it, that matches my experience--almost all the foreign students at my college took summer classes.

Most overseas Chinese students have rich parents.  There is no need to work in the summer.  Their parents - their paymasters - expect them to study and take classes, not fool around. 

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Not all articles in the New York Times are actually news.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.