News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Find Your Spot

Started by Caliga, June 28, 2011, 06:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Whoever made this site must have owned real estate in Little Rock.

Eddie Teach

Or perhaps it's a little known Mecca for languish-types.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Had to go back & check "major metropolitan area" in addition to the middle option to get some better-sized cities.  Also I think I maybe overstated my affinity for snow.

Carlisle, PA :huh:
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Duluth, MN
Albany, NY
Cleveland, OH
Cincinnati, OH
Grand Rapids, MI
Rochester, MN
Ann Arbor, MI

If I go back & add Rocky Mountains as one of my regions, Denver comes in first.  Which makes complete sense as it's about as close as you can get to my ideal city, or at least it would be if it weren't so far west.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Caliga

:hmm: I don't think Carlisle is known for its great snows.  Technically it (just barely) has a humid subtropical climate.  My dad's family is from that area, btw.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sophie Scholl

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Hartford, Connecticut
Worcester, Massachusetts
Duluth, Minnesota
Rochester, Minnesota
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Ogden, Utah
Great Falls, Montana

There's about 5 more Wisconsin cities on the next two pages.  I'm a little disappointed I didn't get Fargo, ND, as I've actually thought of moving there.  Or Buffalo, NY for closer to home places.  Oh well.  An interesting little quiz.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2011, 03:51:54 PM
:hmm: I don't think Carlisle is known for its great snows.  Technically it (just barely) has a humid subtropical climate.  My dad's family is from that area, btw.

I don't think Carlisle is known for anything I look for in a city.  My dad used to go there for car shows, but I never saw anything memorable the few times I drove through.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 29, 2011, 04:06:18 PM
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Hartford, Connecticut
Worcester, Massachusetts
Duluth, Minnesota
Rochester, Minnesota
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Ogden, Utah
Great Falls, Montana

There's about 5 more Wisconsin cities on the next two pages.  I'm a little disappointed I didn't get Fargo, ND, as I've actually thought of moving there.  Or Buffalo, NY for closer to home places.  Oh well.  An interesting little quiz.

I quite like Fargo, and have visited there numerous times, but no way I'd want to live there.

Some of those Wisconsin towns are very nice though.  Duluth / Superior looked like a dump though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2011, 04:20:14 PM
I quite like Fargo, and have visited there numerous times, but no way I'd want to live there.

Some of those Wisconsin towns are very nice though.  Duluth / Superior looked like a dump though.
What's wrong with Fargo?  I agree, a few of the Wisconsin places do look nice.  Time to look at jobs...
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Upper peninsula of Michigan has always looked gorgeous.

Barrister

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 29, 2011, 04:34:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 29, 2011, 04:20:14 PM

What's wrong with Fargo?  I agree, a few of the Wisconsin places do look nice.  Time to look at jobs...

Too flat.  It is really, really, really flat.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maximus

I knew a guy who farmed south of Winnipeg who had a quarter section (square half-mile) with a total elevation range of 4 inches.

Ed Anger

All you people wanting to raise chickens are nuts. Filthy stupid animals.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2011, 04:53:27 PM
All you people wanting to raise chickens are nuts. Filthy stupid animals.
:yes: Hogs, on the other hand, are amusing.

Ed Anger

:yes:

You can toss a dead body where the hogs are and every thing is taken of ...whoops I shared too much.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive