News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cold Fusion

Started by jimmy olsen, April 19, 2009, 08:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

CBS had a big story on 60 minutes today about a resurgence on research in Cold Fusion. Obviously I'm quite skeptical, do any physics types here want to comment?

You can find an article and the embedded video of the 60 minutes story here.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/17/60minutes/main4952167.shtml
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2009, 08:23:24 PM
http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=227.0 <- for our last discussion
I linked to a video where the guy explains his experiment in more detail than your article. :contract:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Strix

I am always up for Cold Fusion. Tequlia+Triple Sec+Lime+Crushed Ice makes a perfect Cold Fusion into Margaritas.  :cheers:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 19, 2009, 08:29:02 PM
I linked to a video where the guy explains his experiment in more detail than your article. :contract:

So? That's why I simply pointed out the last discussion for reference. It wasn't an attempt to quash your thread.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Strix on April 19, 2009, 08:29:06 PM
I am always up for Cold Fusion. Tequlia+Triple Sec+Lime+Crushed Ice makes a perfect Cold Fusion into Margaritas.  :cheers:

I'd always wondered how one makes margaritas! :o

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2009, 08:34:53 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 19, 2009, 08:29:02 PM

So? That's why I simply pointed out the last discussion for reference. It wasn't an attempt to quash your thread.
Got it.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

The Brain

We have already perfected fusion.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I like Silverlight better than Cold Fusion. ^_^
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

saskganesh

I for one want more quashing.
humans were created in their own image

fhdz

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2009, 03:04:59 PM
:yeahright: And what's your problem?

He's noting that you're rarely skeptical about anything.
and the horse you rode in on

jimmy olsen

Quote from: fahdiz on April 20, 2009, 03:21:06 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2009, 03:04:59 PM
:yeahright: And what's your problem?

He's noting that you're rarely skeptical about anything.
A mistaken impression.

1 Karma Chameleon point