Court: Why the First Amendment protects violent video games

Started by garbon, June 27, 2011, 03:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: grumbler on June 27, 2011, 06:06:58 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2011, 05:22:44 PM
Great, now I have mental pictures of grumbler and Marty with highlights in their hair.
Sounds like U R gay.  :D

Gee, when highlights were brought up, I thought about those things schoolkids use to mark important passages in their notes or textbooks.  Guess that sounds like I'm straight, but immature.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on June 27, 2011, 06:54:13 PM
Gee, when highlights were brought up, I thought about those things schoolkids use to mark important passages in their notes or textbooks.  Guess that sounds like I'm straight, but immature.
Why immature?  Many adults use highlighters.  When I was in the Navy, I went through them by the case load just on message traffic.  As a beltway bandit and now as a teacher, I use them a bit less, but still daily.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: grumbler on June 27, 2011, 06:59:22 PM
Quote from: dps on June 27, 2011, 06:54:13 PM
Why immature?  Many adults use highlighters.  When I was in the Navy, I went through them by the case load just on message traffic.  As a beltway bandit and now as a teacher, I use them a bit less, but still daily.

I just associate them with schoolkids.  Sure, I'm aware other people use them, but if someone mentions "highlighters", my initial mental image will be of kids in a classroom.  Well, the nerdy kids, anyway.

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on June 27, 2011, 06:06:58 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2011, 05:22:44 PM
Great, now I have mental pictures of grumbler and Marty with highlights in their hair.
Sounds like U R gay.  :D

I wasn't before this thread :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Solmyr

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on June 28, 2011, 06:59:05 AM
I use highlighters all the time. :)

We've already established that you're gay, we don't need further proof. Stand down, faegalus.  :hmm:

Caliga

But they help me when reviewing URDs and software specs.  I even highlight shit electronically in Word. :weep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on June 28, 2011, 07:09:56 AM
But they help me when reviewing URDs and software specs.  I even highlight shit electronically in Word. :weep:

I said STAND DOWN GODDAMNIT!  :mad:

HVC

i can't highlight, i end up highlighting way to much and it losses all utility
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

I had to do that today in Word to mark changes on a questionnaire. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.