7 biggest dick moves in the history of gaming

Started by Slargos, June 27, 2011, 05:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Habbaku on June 28, 2011, 01:20:07 PM
"Why have sex with another person when you can just masturbate?"

Exactly. You understand.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadImmortalMan

There is no AI yet invented that can challenge you like other players can.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DontSayBanana

Never underestimate Sony's ability to screw players; I cite community events in MxO as an example.
Experience bij!

Josephus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 28, 2011, 05:49:11 PM

Agreed. But I'd rather play alone than with a group of strangers. I will play online ,in a closed game,  with people I know from time to time. I loved playing Rise of Nations with some friends back in the day.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

AIs typically outsmart me. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Which is good. I don't want to lose, I want a fun challenge.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

:hmm: OTOH when you beat other players, it's extremely satisfying.  Probably the most fun I've had with WoW in years was when I was doing heavy PvP with my blood elf mage.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2011, 07:34:11 AM
:hmm: OTOH when you beat other players, it's extremely satisfying.  Probably the most fun I've had with WoW in years was when I was doing heavy PvP with my blood elf mage.

I was actually fairly decent as a tactician in Combat Mission.  I genuinely surprised people using things like reverse slope.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I like to TK my entire team in any online shooter. Best one I did was in Call of Duty, when I shot my team's snipers in the head and attempted to motivate them to attack. My nick in the game? Lavrenti Beria.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2011, 10:31:39 AM
I like to TK my entire team in any online shooter. Best one I did was in Call of Duty, when I shot my team's snipers in the head and attempted to motivate them to attack. My nick in the game? Lavrenti Beria.

That's funny but probably lost on them.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 29, 2011, 10:49:41 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2011, 10:31:39 AM

That's funny but probably lost on them.

Yep. They understand Otto Skorenzy Tk'ing their asses though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 27, 2011, 06:24:30 PM

The EVE Bank thing was pretty amazing though.  I can't believe there were so many people who were willing to just give their money away because he started a corp and called it a bank.  Then again, people still get nailed by recruitment scams, despite the "Joining Goonwaffe" page specifically saying that if you're paying isk to join, you're getting scammed.  In large red letters.
The fact that he was giving out loans with interest and repayment plans probably made a lot of gullible people feel safe.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Maybe they thought he became too big to fail.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Ah memories.  I was playing UO when Richard Garriot was "killed".  It didn't happen on my server and I wasn't there.  But it was big news back then.