News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

7 biggest dick moves in the history of gaming

Started by Slargos, June 27, 2011, 05:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

It's pretty fucking crass, but it has a certain flair to it. Killing the wake was hilarious, though.

Caliga

Those guys were just asking for trouble... I always wondered if that whole thing was staged, like Leeroy Jenkins. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Man Sony throwing a tantrum because their players were going to kill their beloved invincible boss?

For a company made famous for their hatred of their own players in EQ that really is incredible even for them.  Should have been #1 since it was a dick move by a MMORPG company for no other reason than pettyness.

As for the WoW funeral that was pretty sick but having a Alliance-Horde combined funeral on a PVP server was just asking for the sick  fucks to come out.  How do you even have an Alliance-Horde event in game anyway?  I guess the two organizers were on Skype or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on June 27, 2011, 10:29:51 PM
They forgot GoonSquad screwing BoB in the ass and dissolving the whole Alliance, and SOE pulling the NGE that killed Star Wars: Galaxies.

And rightly so.  There was nothing memorable about SWG.

As for GoonSquad screwing BoB and whatever...huh?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 28, 2011, 07:48:47 AM
Yet more reasons not to play mmorpgs.

MMORPGs are great so long as you do not let the game distract you from the important business of getting to experience the worst humanity has to offer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2011, 08:22:51 AM
Quote from: Drakken on June 27, 2011, 10:29:51 PM
They forgot GoonSquad screwing BoB in the ass and dissolving the whole Alliance, and SOE pulling the NGE that killed Star Wars: Galaxies.

And rightly so.  There was nothing memorable about SWG.

As for GoonSquad screwing BoB and whatever...huh?

EvE event. IIRC GoonSquad got hold of passwords & disbanded the BoB alliance.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2011, 08:45:34 AM

If this event is so hilarious and so great that they should not be forgotten surely it is more interesting than hacking a few accounts.  That happens about 2 million times a day on WoW.

Was it at a particularly hilarious time or something?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2011, 08:47:10 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2011, 08:45:34 AM

If this event is so hilarious and so great that they should not be forgotten surely it is more interesting than hacking a few accounts.  That happens about 2 million times a day on WoW.

Was it at a particularly hilarious time or something?

EvE is different from WoW.

WoW guild being disbanded only affects those players. A EvE Alliance disbanding resets the balance of power.

Here's an article about the situation : http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/64347
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maximus

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2011, 08:22:04 AM
Man Sony throwing a tantrum because their players were going to kill their beloved invincible boss?

For a company made famous for their hatred of their own players in EQ that really is incredible even for them.  Should have been #1 since it was a dick move by a MMORPG company for no other reason than pettyness.
Heh, I remember that. The players came back and killed it again.

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on June 28, 2011, 08:56:16 AM
Heh, I remember that. The players came back and killed it again.

Good for them.  I hope they sent Sony screenshots.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2011, 08:51:28 AM
EvE is different from WoW.

WoW guild being disbanded only affects those players. A EvE Alliance disbanding resets the balance of power.

Here's an article about the situation : http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/64347

Ok reading that made me nostalgic for the old team PVP servers on EQ.  They were so poorly designed you could really fuck people over...and people did get fucked over...over and over and over and over again and the ruthlessness and whinyness got pretty ridiculous.

Josephus

This article affirms my decisiion to stay away not just from MMorpgs but online games with random strangers in general. I hated 16 year old boys when i was 16, and hate them more now that I'm not.

The only time I ventured into online gaming was very early on with Diablo. And that was a nightmare. And I gave it up for good.

Mind, my experience wasn't much different shortly after I joined Languish and played a game of Diplomacy with some of you guys (Can't remember now who was in it) and I was the first person gang-banged out of the game. ;)

But, and I'm ranting now, I now, this also affirms one of my other things. When computers were invented, or at least computer gaming, in the mid to late 80s I was totally excited because the novel thing was I could play games without involving other human people. Why you'd want to now play against other humans, when you clearly don't need to anymore, is beyond me.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

Quote from: Josephus on June 28, 2011, 12:55:09 PM
Why you'd want to now play against other humans, when you clearly don't need to anymore, is beyond me.

:wacko:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

"Why have sex with another person when you can just masturbate?"
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien