News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

OOTP XI for preorder!

Started by Syt, February 19, 2010, 01:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2010, 12:51:31 PM
Yeah, but it seems they focus on historical replay/comparisons etc., something I rarely do; normally I set up a fantasy league and take it from there.

I've started a "greatest teams" matchup sim using Action PC to put it through its paces.  That is the kind of thing you can't really do well with OOTP yet.  BTW I started with the pre-1930 division first - so far the 09 Pirates are in position to make the next round (the 02 team is also in but lagging behind).  One of the iterations of Wagner has been NL MVP in 3 of the years I have run.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

sbr

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2010, 11:45:19 PM
Quote from: sbr on April 02, 2010, 03:46:37 PM
They are selling OOTP XI on GamersGate this year.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-OPB11/out-of-the-park-baseball-11

Yeah, but they use the OOTPX screenshots.  :rolleyes:

Do they?  I didn't pay that much attention (not that I would have noticed the difference :p) I was just surprised to see the game there.  Steam is selling OOTP 9.

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 03, 2010, 12:23:37 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 03, 2010, 12:51:31 PM
Yeah, but it seems they focus on historical replay/comparisons etc., something I rarely do; normally I set up a fantasy league and take it from there.

I've started a "greatest teams" matchup sim using Action PC to put it through its paces.  That is the kind of thing you can't really do well with OOTP yet.  BTW I started with the pre-1930 division first - so far the 09 Pirates are in position to make the next round (the 02 team is also in but lagging behind).  One of the iterations of Wagner has been NL MVP in 3 of the years I have run.

Yes, that's still not possible, I think. Closest they add this year is a user mod with "best of" line ups for all franchises.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

Just started a game with v.12 after the latest patch

New injury system is nice in theory but in practice it has been a charnel house for outfielders.  Starting season with Yankees:
Game 3: Curtis Granderson out for season   :mad:
Game 5: Brett Gardner out for 2 weeks
Game 6: Justin Maxwell with day-to-day hamstring injury, the game after being called up
Game 7: Chris Dickerson out for 2 weeks with ankle injury

It's not just my team either - while playing out a game against the Red Sox, JD Drew went down first game of the series, and I noticed Ellsbury was already on the DL.

I am busy digging deep into Scranton and Trenton for stopgaps; there is nothing on waiver wire and the unsigned free agent pool is full of ancient hasbeens like Gary Sheffield and Kevin Mench.

Meanwhile the entire pitching staff has been in perfect health. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I admit I haven't played a game yet. I'm still busy setting up all the jerseys for a 64 team Euro league starting in 1992, to run alongside the historical MLB.  :blush:
—Stephen Jay Gould