News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dwarf Fortress 2010

Started by sbr, April 01, 2010, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I don't want to jam the potential succession game thread up with chatter about the new version that came out today.

Her dry hair is incredibly straight.   :lmfao:

Jaron

I downloaded it this morning. It kicks my laptops ass. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

sbr

There is an adapted version of the Mayday graphics pack on the DFWiki now.

http://magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Tileset

It is not real graphics but a replacement tileset for the ASCII characters.

Solmyr

New version is still a tad buggy for fortress mode, but adventurer mode yields some hilarity. My first adventurer died after she had just killed a dragon, as the temperature rose and her head melted. My latest swordsdwarf died after a giantess grabbed him by the nose and hurled him into a wall.  :pinch:

Alcibiades

Small patch:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/df_31_02.zip
Crash fix
(*) [GRAPHICS:YES] should no longer crash the arena or world generation
(*) fixed training activity crash (from removal of barracks)
(*) fixed crash from doing a large flow-style activity zone

Minor changes
(*) made zone removal still work if flows are corrected (uses rectangles)
(*) made material projectile breath happen intermittently properly
(*) corrected gorlak color
(*) made blind cave bears eyeless and gave them extravision
(*) fixed broken eyelid relationships
(*) fixed broken child names for goat/unicorn/cave swallow
(*) swapped giant caste names
(*) fixed giant cave spider bite (was blunt)
(*) fixed alligator eye text
(*) made soap bars instead of globs
(*) fixed horn silver environment

Still haven't tried this yet, waiting for my new computer and some of the bugs to be ironed out a bit more.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

sbr

0.31.03 is out

www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=54115.0

QuoteI handled some more crashes and the main pathing issue.  Undead aren't quite where they need to be yet (skeletons in particular still don't understand how the skull and spine should be holding them together), but they are more killable in this version.  Since they don't make sense in the first place, there's a sort of hitpoint system for them now that'll get them dead eventually if you don't break them apart, though punching a skeleton to death takes a long time in this system and maces are still a bit underpowered.  The undead HP will be revisited once the undead have more of a basis in the underlying reality.  I'll get to maces etc. sooner.

Crash fixes
   (*) fixed a zone deletion crash (only for zones with buildings in them)
   (*) fixed crash in military screen upon switching to item assignment view when no squads were present
   (*) fixed crash from copying a schedule cell with fewer orders to one with more
   (*) fixed crash from changing alert view while scrolling through a schedule cells orders

Major bug fixes
   (*) fixed pathing problem (root cause was map generation vs. liquids, would mess up ramps/channels and more)
   (*) stopped missing undead/melted/etc. tissues holding parts from being severed

New stuff
   (*) allowed undead in arena
   (*) allowed undead to be killed by accumulated impacts for the time being while they don't make sense
   (*) stopped people from trying to wrestle the undead at all

Minor changes
   (*) messed with corpse piece colors a bit
   (*) fixed "and" spacing in stripe/spot descriptions
   (*) fixed nervous mannerism typo
   (*) fixed some raw typos (see file_changes.txt)

sbr

Just saw this at Paradox and it is great.  A great mini-AAR from RPG.net: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=510839

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

That was Awesome.

Any chance you guys update your AAR?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

garbon

If by good you mean fucking creepy!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2011, 09:34:02 AM

What was creepy, that the reporter lived with him for almost a week?

garbon

Quote from: sbr on July 24, 2011, 02:41:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2011, 09:34:02 AM

What was creepy, that the reporter lived with him for almost a week?

Their lives or rather lack thereof.

Quotehis bedroom suggests a tenant who never sets a sock outdoors. When I peeked inside, rumpled underwear, discarded boxes and books lay scattered across the carpet. A sheet of plywood, edged with black foam rubber, was wedged into the window frame and affixed there by metal clamps.

QuoteZach brought over a drinking glass from the house in case I got thirsty, because Tarn owns only a couple of dishes.

QuoteTarn consumed "maybe one glass" of water in the last three months, hydrating with soft drinks instead. "Water's not doing it for me these days," he said. "I know it's bad, but the sugar goes right into programming the game. If I don't drink soda now, I get a headache and can't do any work."

Quote"I want to stay focused on the game, and if I had kids, I'd wind up paying attention to them instead."

QuoteOn a bright spring day in Silverdale, Tarn and Zach spread heavy-stock paper across Tarn's living-room tables and opened a box of crayons.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.