Bachmann running neck and neck with Romney in Iowa

Started by jimmy olsen, June 27, 2011, 08:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: Jacob on June 27, 2011, 03:37:53 PM
Rolling Stone had an article on her: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/michele-bachmanns-holy-war-20110622?page=1

Obviously a bit biased. What's the view of our languish Republicans and Independents of Bachmann? How good or bad is she? Does she have a chance?
She's crazy.  She worked for the IRS.  She went to a shitty law school.  So she's about reached the level of her incompetence.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

alfred russel

Obviously a bit biased. What's the view of our languish Republicans and Independents of Bachmann? How good or bad is she? Does she have a chance?

I'm not in the groups this is directed to, but from a non partisan perspective she is awful. She is Rush Limbaugh in the US Congress, only without the somewhat entertaining personality. She has no chance to be president. Whether she has a chance at the nomination is a more open question, but I doubt she has a good one.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Given that I said in 2008 that Obama was too inexperienced, how could I possibly support Bachmann? 

DGuller

Quote from: dps on June 27, 2011, 03:47:21 PM
Given that I said in 2008 that Obama was too inexperienced, how could I possibly support Bachmann?
With cognitive dissonance. :contract:

DGuller

Rolling Stone had an article on her: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/michele-bachmanns-holy-war-20110622?page=1

As an independent, I think she's completely crazy, and too crazy and stupid even for Republicans to nominate her.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on June 27, 2011, 03:51:22 PM
too crazy and stupid even for Republicans to nominate her.

I hope so, but: exhibit A) Sharon Angle, exhibit B) Christine O'Donnell.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Habbaku

I know far too little about Bachmann to give an estimation of her.  Everyone tells me she's crazy, though. :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: alfred russel on June 27, 2011, 03:52:57 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 27, 2011, 03:51:22 PM
too crazy and stupid even for Republicans to nominate her.

I hope so, but: exhibit A) Sharon Angle, exhibit B) Christine O'Donnell.

And staying within the Female Sex I must add Sarah Palin as well.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Speaking of stupid, Bachmann claimed to have the same kind of spirit as John Wayne Gacy.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Scipio on June 27, 2011, 03:39:04 PM
She's crazy.  She worked for the IRS. 

She used to prosecute tax cheats. It's like a cosmic joke or something. Half the GOP should he hating her just for that.

On Friday, the Karl Rove-founded Crossroads GPS group announced it was launching a $20 million TV ad campaign aimed at President Obama, including a $5 million buy that begins today.

They are going to be running ads already?  :rolleyes:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

derspiess

I like her.  She lacks the timidity that has plagued the GOP for years.  She fills a needed role in the party, but I don't want her as the GOP prez candidate.  I'm guessing she's at her high water mark as far as that is concerned.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: Scipio on June 27, 2011, 03:39:04 PM
She's crazy.  She worked for the IRS.  She went to a shitty law school.  So she's about reached the level of her incompetence.
So... except for the IRS bit, a female Scipio?

:D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2011, 05:33:15 PM

I like her.  She lacks the timidity that has plagued the GOP for years.  She fills a needed role in the party, but I don't want her as the GOP prez candidate.  I'm guessing she's at her high water mark as far as that is concerned.

Timidity?  Republicans frequently scream their craziness from the tops of buildings.  What would a less timid GOP do?  Blow up the buildings?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on June 27, 2011, 06:32:59 PM
Timidity?  Republicans frequently scream their craziness from the tops of buildings.  What would a less timid GOP do?  Blow up the buildings?

Get elected on a platform of fiscal responsibility and then actually act fiscally responsible. That's courage.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers