Main Menu

WSJ: China buys Hungary

Started by Syt, June 25, 2011, 09:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on June 26, 2011, 04:14:09 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 26, 2011, 01:24:25 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 25, 2011, 05:17:40 PM
What a pathetic excuse for a human being Orban is. On one hand he has been hunting communists and decrying the EU as imposing on Hungary's sovereignty when the EU criticized the anti-freedom-of-press legislation in Hungary. But on the other hand he sells his country off to the Chicoms.

:yes:

The IMF's low-interest loan offer was refused on grounds of an "economic freedom fight" (ie. they wanted to look in our books if we took the loan), now we take up the soap for the Chinese and the government is selling it as great victory.

Shameful. According to Orban, the EU is this evil opression machine bent on selling Hungary out for foreign interest, while China is the champion of economic progress and a strong man we should be proud to serve. Mind-blowing.

My nation has been balancing on the edge of survival for centuries because we never accepted to be ruled by an Eastern-type power. To see us activetly trying to help China circumvent EU tariffs to flood it's market  just breaks my heart.

Admit it, you just love that hard oriental cock up your arse. Now that the Turks are not available anymore, you turn to China.

:rolleyes: did anyone hear something? Sounded like someone axing me because of my nation's history, but only a Polack is here.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on June 26, 2011, 04:14:09 AM
What a pathetic excuse for a human being Orban is. On one hand he has been hunting communists and decrying the EU as imposing on Hungary's sovereignty when the EU criticized the anti-freedom-of-press legislation in Hungary. But on the other hand he sells his country off to the Chicoms.

The IMF's low-interest loan offer was refused on grounds of an "economic freedom fight" (ie. they wanted to look in our books if we took the loan), now we take up the soap for the Chinese and the government is selling it as great victory.

Shameful. According to Orban, the EU is this evil opression machine bent on selling Hungary out for foreign interest, while China is the champion of economic progress and a strong man we should be proud to serve. Mind-blowing.

My nation has been balancing on the edge of survival for centuries because we never accepted to be ruled by an Eastern-type power. To see us activetly trying to help China circumvent EU tariffs to flood it's market  just breaks my heart.

Admit it, you just love that hard oriental cock up your arse. Now that the Turks are not available anymore, you turn to China.

You have a funny way of showing appreciation on the rare occasion when someone agrees with you, Marti. :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

On one level, though, it makes a certain amount of sense. Down the road if Hungary is short on cash (what are the odds on that?), finding some reason to nationalize the Chinese investment will be a lot easier than a similar EU investment. Plus the Chinese have almost no way to retaliate against Hungary, while the EU does.

The Chinese need to invest their massive trade surplus overseas if they are going to keep their currency undervalued. But when they move from bonds to assets like Latin American farmland or Hungarian distribution centers I think they are taking a big risk.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Ok these guys fucking suck.  Bring back the Commies.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2011, 06:14:42 PM
You have a funny way of showing appreciation on the rare occasion when someone agrees with you, Marti. :huh:
:secret: I don't think Marti actually understood anything Tamas said.  Marti's otnay ootay ightbray in that regard.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on June 26, 2011, 06:37:42 PM
The Chinese need to invest their massive trade surplus overseas if they are going to keep their currency undervalued. But when they move from bonds to assets like Latin American farmland or Hungarian distribution centers I think they are taking a big risk.

Bonds ain't looking too hot these days. Even the ChiComs see that.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on June 26, 2011, 08:38:22 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 26, 2011, 06:14:42 PM
:secret: I don't think Marti actually understood anything Tamas said.  Marti's otnay ootay ightbray in that regard.

Does nodding your head mean something different in Poland?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017