OOTP9: Vienna Cannibals in Major Languish Baseball(tm)

Started by Syt, April 19, 2009, 07:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

In a bit of an upset the Cannibals beat the Alberta Administrators at Richard Nixon Stadium. The Admins didn't even manage to get a hit off the Vienna pitchers.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

My batting stats aren't too bad, but it appears my pitchers need some loving.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on April 26, 2009, 10:29:30 AM
In a bit of an upset the Cannibals beat the Alberta Administrators at Richard Nixon Stadium. The Admins didn't even manage to get a hit off the Vienna pitchers.

Not cool to pull the pitcher in the 8th inning of a no-hitter when up by 6 runs.

Also you may want to have Rogers cool it on the basepaths.  21 for 38 attempts is not a good ratio, even for your suspect offense.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I guess the AI pulled the pitcher because he was tired (Endurance 14).

I noticed that, too (Rogers ration, Graziadei is also 33-22, Salvenmoser 12-14). I already reduced their eagerness to run in their strat settings. <_<
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Standings end of August. With only 15 games of the regular season to go I guess there's not much chance for the Cannibals to go to the Play Offs.

Considering the low budget roster I have I'm rather pleased with the results, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Final standings at the end of the regular season:

The Wildcard teams are:
Arkansas Drunkards
Baltimore Irish
San Francisco Grabbers
Bristol Possessors
Montreal Foxes
Jakarta Blades
Oxnard Trolls
Vancouver Crazies

Leaders:

Yes, Yates is second best batter in the league.

Btw, I will probably divide the league into two subleagues for the next season.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Play off pairings are:

Vancouver Crazies 3 - Kentucky Legionaires 1
Oxnard Trolls 3 - Portland Baldies 2
Jakarta Blades 0 - Alberta Administrators 3
Bristol Possessors 0 - London Braziers 3
San Francisco Grabbers 1 - New York Robins 3
Montréal Foxes 1 - Copenhagen Hive 3
Baltimore Irish 3 - Seoul Admirals 0
Arkansas Drunkards 1 - Warsaw Foot Ticklers 3
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

A bit of a surprise that the Kentuckians died in the first round, considering that they dominated the entire regular season.

Second Round.
Oxnard 4 - Vancouver 3
London 4 - Alberta 0
Copenhagen 3 - New York 4
Warsaw 1 - Baltimore 4
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

For the coming season the league is divided into the European & Asian League (EAL) and the North American League (NAL).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, the year end awards are in:

RF H. Colón of the Baltimore Irish honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Slugger.

SP A. Singleton of the Seoul Admirals honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Catapult.

1B C. Yates of the Vienna Cannibals honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Rookie of the Year.

SP D. Williams of the Kentucky Legionaires honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Golden Glove at P.
C Z. Ouellet of the Madrid Corniferes honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Golden Glove at C.
1B C. Muñíz of the Venice Padres honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Golden Glove at 1B.
2B J. Vollmer of the Stockholm Nukes honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Golden Glove at 2B.
3B S. Higuchi of the Preston Explorers honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Golden Glove at 3B.
SS F. Féliz of the Alberta Administrators honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Golden Glove at SS.
LF V. Deleón of the Warsaw Foot Ticklers honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Golden Glove at LF.
RF S. Pihlajamaa of the Preston Explorers honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Golden Glove at CF.
RF E. Álvarez of the Arkansas Drunkards honored: Wins the 2008 MLB LBL Languish Golden Glove at RF.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

The voters are clearly prejudiced against northern teams. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.