And we're back!

Main Menu

Cultured gay Euro persecuted

Started by Razgovory, June 22, 2011, 11:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on June 22, 2011, 04:26:14 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 22, 2011, 04:17:57 PM
As I said, I think it is silly he is being prosecuted. That being said, I don't consider his drunken slurs an expression of "political views". I just find it silly to prosecute people for drunken rants.

It's the modern day equivalent of "anti-blasphemy laws" (only the "God" you "blaspheme" against is different) and I've always been an opponent of those.

You would, for example, never call for someone to be prosecuted for being verbally abusive towards homosexuals and saying they should be killed.

Not in a drunken rant context.

Slargos

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 22, 2011, 04:27:55 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 22, 2011, 04:10:00 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on June 22, 2011, 04:08:10 PM
:huh:  Pretty sure throwing around racist slurs in a drunken rage is in the UDHR.  After baseball, it's basically America's national pastime.

Well fuck you, coon-jockey.  :mad:

What's your BAC right now?  You might be in violation if it's under like .20, can't remember the limit.   :secret:

I have no idea. Although it's curious how quickly alcohol affects me lately. I've only had a few.  :D

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 22, 2011, 04:29:51 PM
As I said, I think it is silly he is being prosecuted. That being said, I don't consider his drunken slurs an expression of "political views". I just find it silly to prosecute people for drunken rants.

It's the modern day equivalent of "anti-blasphemy laws" (only the "God" you "blaspheme" against is different) and I've always been an opponent of those.

You would, for example, never call for someone to be prosecuted for being verbally abusive towards homosexuals and saying they should be killed.

So does being drunk actually make you smarter?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

I think jail time makes sense for being douchey in a bar while drunk.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

I think that the American system, where if you're a douche in the bar the bouncer beats the crap out of you and you get banned from returning, is much better.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on June 22, 2011, 03:49:24 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 22, 2011, 03:43:51 PM
Europeans are monsters who persecute political views.  I already knew that.

Throwing around racist slurs in a drunken rage is not exactly an expression of "political views". At least not in most places outside the one you were born in.

Racism is a political stance.  We suffer Slargos, don't we?

He would be arrested in the SC for public disorderly conduct.  Hell, in SC, you can get punched in the face and not defend yourself and get charged with public disorderly conduct (charges dismissed--100% win rate for my clients maintained).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zoupa

Quote from: Martinus on June 22, 2011, 04:29:51 PM

:wacko:

dps

Quote from: Scipio on June 22, 2011, 06:09:36 PM
I think that the American system, where if you're a douche in the bar the bouncer beats the crap out of you and you get banned from returning, is much better.

Yeah, criminal prosecution for public douchery is a bad idea.

Of course, as languishites we have a self-interest in douchery not being treated as a crime.