And we're back!

Main Menu

Oil Spill in Yellowstone River

Started by jimmy olsen, July 04, 2011, 02:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: citizen k on July 04, 2011, 12:41:10 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2011, 07:53:39 AM

Besides, I'm 'supporting' the oil industry here, this sort of incident is an integral consequence of taking the oil, we all use, out of the ground. :rolleyes:

It's integral to being negligent.

I wouldn't say so, they seem to have responded well; sometimes stuff just happens ie pipelines get damaged/corrode in the ground.

I know at my local oilfield, the flowlines between well heads the gathering station have had problems with corrosion, oil has even leaked into the ground !
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

citizen k

Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2011, 02:31:14 PM

Besides, I'm 'supporting' the oil industry here, this sort of incident is an integral consequence of taking the oil, we all use, out of the ground. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say so, they seem to have responded well; sometimes stuff just happens ie pipelines get damaged/corrode in the ground.

I know at my local oilfield, the flowlines between well heads the gathering station have had problems with corrosion, oil has even leaked into the ground !

Corroded pipe can be replaced.

mongers

Quote from: citizen k on July 04, 2011, 03:42:14 PM
Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2011, 02:31:14 PM

Corroded pipe can be replaced.

:blink:

Did you think I was suggesting they shouldn't be ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

I love the smell of well-done troll in the morning.  :)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!