News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Father's day

Started by Ed Anger, June 19, 2011, 07:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Bleh, my dad wanted to go on car ride.  It didn't work out so well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on June 19, 2011, 08:49:54 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 19, 2011, 07:23:38 AM
Yay us. I'm hiding right now.

:lol:

What does it mean for all of you with progeny to be a father?  That includes Money and his menagerie.

It means I have a little guy around who is 90% of the time the most curious, inquisitive, good-natured, and happy to just be picked up by me guy around.  Oh and he happens to look like me.

He's WAY more work than I even expected (and I expected a lot of work) but my wife and I have both commented that we never smiled so much before baby Tim got here.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on June 19, 2011, 05:07:43 PM
but my wife and I have both commented that we never smiled so much before baby Tim got here.

That's just so fucking super.  Really.

Siege

What are the origins of Father's Day?
Is it an old pagan holiday?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

HisMajestyBOB

I got my dad a DVD and took him out to dinner. :lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

sbr

I got my dad a card and mom took us all out for lunch.  My kids bought me a Starbucks gift card and some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  :licklips:

CountDeMoney

Bought my dad a new Benchmade pocketknife, since he needed one. 
And got him the same style Father's Day card I always get him: one that looks like it's from a 5 year old.  This one had Tonkas on it.

garbon

My father and I enjoyed some lovely grilled steak on the grill we assembled earlier today. :ccr
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

My dad was working pretty much all day.
Just got him some whiskey.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2011, 07:03:33 PM
And got him the same style Father's Day card I always get him: one that looks like it's from a 5 year old.  This one had Tonkas on it.

Rather than getting a Hallmark card with some cheesy joke, I thought it would be funny to send a notecard with "Happy Father's Day! Your Thoughtful Son" written on it. He is apparently complaining about this to the rest of the family.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on June 19, 2011, 08:13:13 PM

Rather than getting a Hallmark card with some cheesy joke, I thought it would be funny to send a notecard with "Happy Father's Day! Your Thoughtful Son" written on it. He is apparently complaining about this to the rest of the family.

I use the Fucking Cards from 16 Sparrows for the really important events:
http://www.16sparrows.com/shop/fuck.html

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2011, 08:19:38 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 19, 2011, 08:13:13 PM

I use the Fucking Cards from 16 Sparrows for the really important events:
http://www.16sparrows.com/shop/fuck.html

Thanks, I'll have to use those.  :D Just not with my father, who is apparently not going to be happy without the Hallmark card with the cheesy jokes.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Legbiter

My 2 boys spent most of the day helping/playing around their great-grandfather as he planted some flowers and a blackcurrant bush or 5 in our yard.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2011, 05:34:26 PM
but my wife and I have both commented that we never smiled so much before baby Tim got here.

That's just so fucking super.  Really.

Isn't it though?

And I got an umbrella for father's day.  Hey - it's been raining a lot.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Octavian

Quote from: Grallon on June 19, 2011, 08:49:54 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 19, 2011, 07:23:38 AM
Yay us. I'm hiding right now.

:lol:

What does it mean for all of you with progeny to be a father?  That includes Money and his menagerie.

It means I have a little guy around who is 90% of the time the most curious, inquisitive, good-natured, and happy to just be picked up by me guy around.  Oh and he happens to look like me.

He's WAY more work than I even expected (and I expected a lot of work) but my wife and I have both commented that we never smiled so much before baby Tim got here.

Same here if one exchange guy with girl, he with she and Tim with Isabella.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee