UN backs gay rights for first time ever

Started by garbon, June 17, 2011, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 19, 2011, 01:29:20 PMIn fact, a lot of homophobia in countries like India or in Africa is a left over from the colonial era.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2011, 09:12:04 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 19, 2011, 01:29:20 PMIn fact, a lot of homophobia in countries like India or in Africa is a left over from the colonial era.

Well the actual laws that ban it were put in place by the British. :contract:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 17, 2011, 05:02:03 PM
I also thank you for the reminder, so I can avoid the city this weekend.   :)

The drive to Columbus is usually enough to keep me away.  Since there's absolutely nothing in between Columbus & Cincy (save for a crappy outlet mall), the drive feels like way more the 2 hours it takes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: garbon on June 19, 2011, 10:05:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 19, 2011, 09:12:04 PM
Well the actual laws that ban it were put in place by the British. :contract:
All of the laws were put in place by the British.  Barbarians don't have laws.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2011, 01:42:03 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 19, 2011, 01:34:36 PM
Edit: Oh, sorry. Yeah for once this was not a Martinus thread. I just assumed it was.  :lol:
Garbon, Martinus, what's the difference?

Garbon = Good homo

Martinus = Dirty fag
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on June 20, 2011, 09:39:51 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 17, 2011, 05:02:03 PM
I also thank you for the reminder, so I can avoid the city this weekend.   :)

The drive to Columbus is usually enough to keep me away.  Since there's absolutely nothing in between Columbus & Cincy (save for a crappy outlet mall), the drive feels like way more the 2 hours it takes.

Hey! I live in that nothing!

And if you are talking about the Jefferson outlet mall, yes, it is crappy.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

dps

Quote from: derspiess on June 17, 2011, 04:47:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2011, 04:38:33 PM
Who cares much about the UN? Though Google says that today marks the start of gay pride in Columbus. :unsure:

The Columbus gays (hey, that sounds like a baseball team) have not had any pride until today?  :(

Gay or straight, if you live in Ohio there's not much of anything for you to be proud of.

dps

Quote from: Neil on June 18, 2011, 07:41:15 AM
One day, and I'll live to see it, people like Martinus will be burned at the stake, or thrown off a roof, or something that fits his crimes.

Feet amputation?

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 20, 2011, 11:37:56 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2011, 01:42:03 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 19, 2011, 01:34:36 PM
Edit: Oh, sorry. Yeah for once this was not a Martinus thread. I just assumed it was.  :lol:
Garbon, Martinus, what's the difference?

Garbon = Good homo

Martinus = Dirty fag

Also, Garbon has the superior qualities of not being a lawyer or a Euro.   ;)

Jacob

Quote from: dps on June 20, 2011, 01:11:27 PMAlso, Garbon has the superior qualities of not being a lawyer or a Euro.   ;)

The jury is still out on whether Marty is either of those.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 20, 2011, 11:39:13 AM
Hey! I live in that nothing!

I thought you lived west of that nothing  :hmm:

QuoteAnd if you are talking about the Jefferson outlet mall, yes, it is crappy.

IIRC, it used to be decent.  We always used to stop by when we'd visit before we moved here.  But the last couple of times I was there I saw too many prices above what I could easily find retail.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall