Jewish court sentences dog to death by stoning for being a reincarnated lawyer

Started by jimmy olsen, June 17, 2011, 10:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on June 18, 2011, 05:59:11 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 18, 2011, 05:07:41 AM
Personally I dont see anything crazier about this than "We have to slowly bleed animals to death because a Sky Fairy told us so 1500 years ago."

That's okay, I don't see any difference between rabid atheists like you, and the rabid atheists that ran your country 30 years ago.  Except the older ones were smarter.
YUO FAIL as most of the Polish "communists" were Catholic and let the Catholic church exist in a pretty comfy arrangement (usually only going after those priests who interfered with politics).

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on June 18, 2011, 05:07:41 AM
Personally I dont see anything crazier about this than "We have to slowly bleed animals to death because a Sky Fairy told us so 1500 years ago."
:lol:  You just don't get it, do you?  I wonder if you can get it, and just willfully remain ignorant so that you don't get it, or whether you cannot get it at all.

I suspect the latter.

Every animal in a slaughterhouse is bled to death.  That isn't controversial.  No one claims that even atheist butcher bleed animals to death "because a Sky Fairy told us so 1500 years ago."  Pretty much everyone who isn't a moron understands that animals are bled to death in slaughterhouses because that is the practical way to ill them.

Personally, I think it is hilarious to watch all the bigots jump on this story like it was true, and draw conclusions from it.  Only a moron would believe this on the basis of the facts and sources presented.  This story started on an internet forum.  Even Ynet tacitly concedes that the actual story is that the judges asked local children to drive away the dog (considered, as noted, bad luck) and that the kids threw stones at the dog, which ran off.  http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4082843,00.html

I wonder why hatred makes people here so stupid?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grallon

Quote from: Viking on June 18, 2011, 03:26:30 AM
Why do I hate religion? Well, duh....

:lol: 

Does religion turn humans into morons or must they be morons to begin with?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on June 18, 2011, 10:32:28 AM

I suspect Marty would be stupid if he wasn't a bigot.  He is the only person on this board that I feel with confidence that I am indeed smarter then.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on June 18, 2011, 11:15:53 AM

I suspect Marty would be stupid if he wasn't a bigot.  He is the only person on this board that I feel with confidence that I am indeed smarter then.

Then what?

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2011, 10:42:02 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 17, 2011, 10:32:09 PM
Besides the fact that the rabbis in question are nut jobs, the article you quoted answers your question on reincarnation.
"certain schools of thought" is rather vague.

Reincarnation, while a heterodox notion in most theologies, has gotten pretty decent representation as a spiritual belief within the Abrahamic tradition.

Of course, people who take it this seriously are fucking insane.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 18, 2011, 11:53:45 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 18, 2011, 11:15:53 AM

Then what?

If you were smarter then me you'd figure it out.  Siege could.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on June 18, 2011, 03:32:45 AM
Countdown for Joan Robinson to come and tell us why stoning a dog to death is no worse than taking it out for a walk, as a dog can run away and get run over by a bus while on a walk, and someone stoning a dog may miss.

Sorry to disappoint, but I refuse to condone the stoning of reincarnated secular Jewish lawyers under any circumstances.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Slargos on June 18, 2011, 03:52:23 AM
He has enough useful idiots here that he doesn't have to do it himself.  :hmm:

Learn to be useful and then you can join the club!
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 18, 2011, 10:45:31 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 18, 2011, 03:32:45 AM
Countdown for Joan Robinson to come and tell us why stoning a dog to death is no worse than taking it out for a walk, as a dog can run away and get run over by a bus while on a walk, and someone stoning a dog may miss.

Sorry to disappoint, but I refuse to condone the stoning of reincarnated secular Jewish lawyers under any circumstances.

That's just covering your own ass.  For when you return as the only Westie Terrier ever witnessed issuing a writ of replevin.

CountDeMoney

Can't they just find the dog guilty with a suspended sentence? That way, everybody wins.

Camerus

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."