Main Menu

Tropico 3

Started by Zoupa, June 16, 2011, 10:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: Liep on June 17, 2011, 10:10:58 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 17, 2011, 07:50:15 AM
Tropico 4 is due soon....

When one of the advertised features is Facebook/Twitter integration you know it's not going to be good.

FM 2011.  :secret:

Slargos

This game sounds like fun.  :hmm:

The Brain

Twice I have started playing, aiming for a Sendero Luminoso/Khmer Rouge land of peasants. But I just can't find the energy to continue.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Slargos on June 19, 2011, 02:50:29 PM

You can name your self The White King and eliminate your mud people citizens at a whim.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 19, 2011, 03:40:49 PM
Quote from: Slargos on June 19, 2011, 02:50:29 PM

You can name your self The White King and eliminate your mud people citizens at a whim.

Sold! :w00t:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Quote from: The Brain on June 19, 2011, 03:36:10 PM
Twice I have started playing, aiming for a Sendero Luminoso/Khmer Rouge land of peasants. But I just can't find the energy to continue.

Yeah, same here. It's just not enough fun.

Pedrito

I found the first Tropico (with the expansion) to be more fun than the third game.
It's almost prehistoric in presentation, but I like it more, just like I prefer my beloved Railroad Tycoon 2 to the rather bland third installment.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

derspiess

I played through Tropico 3 on the 360 & thought it was pretty decent once I made my peace with how clumsy the interface was.  Tobacco seemed to be the key starting out, but I tended to make as much money from tourism, depending on the island. 

Not sure how much farther they can go with Tropico 4, save for maybe making the different factions behave more realistically.  I always thought it was odd in Tropico 3 how I was about as right-wing & pro-US as you could get, yet the communists loved me because I had plenty of housing & food.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Really?
Farming was never a big deal for me, it was mines all the way. Feeding the people with fish.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on June 21, 2011, 03:42:58 PM
Farming was never a big deal for me, it was mines all the way.

^_^
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Mines run out, farms don't.  We're not talking about eating crop farms, we're talking about cash crop farms.  The tobacco production chain was indeed a very lucrative one.

Josquius

Generally though the scenario tended to finish by the time the minerals ran out. Either that or it was well on its way to completion and I had a full industrial/tourist economy up and running.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on June 21, 2011, 04:57:40 PM
Generally though the scenario tended to finish by the time the minerals ran out. Either that or it was well on its way to completion and I had a full industrial/tourist economy up and running.

I always ran out of minerals well before the scenario ended.  But I guess I was maybe a little OCD about keeping production as high as it could go.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

I never seem to get much done with tourism on my islands. By the time I'm ready to start the tourism industry up, the urban sprawl from my industry and tenements means there's no pristine, tourist-friendly areas left.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help