News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civ V redux

Started by Viking, September 05, 2011, 10:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Having re-installed it I have a few gripes and issues...

- The A.I. doesn't annex puppets so they don't have the ability to produce units in conquered territory. This means that in the late game global war starting 1850 ish the AI only produces with the cities he founded himself. The player, who annexes puppets, produces many more units.

- City stacking, the AI stacks with 3 hexes between. I like stacking with 4-5 hexes between cities, so I have to raze with conquest. This is annoying when I have to choose between keeping a wonder and achieving optimal stacking. 3 stacking works to get cities running pretty quickly and it seems that the happiness cost vs happiness produced per city results in a population per city which can be supported by 10-14 tiles (as you would with 3 stacking, 4 stacking means 15-20 tiles, many of which remain un-worked at 20 population.)

The latest patches have fixed the at start problems. So if you played the game without any patching and hated it (I did) then many of those issues have been resolved, you might want to start it again.   
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Shade

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I bought it last night and have played the shit out of it since. :cool:

So far I've conquered one city state and am beating the crap out of Siam as Germany (just took one of their cities outside of their main empire and am now invading the empire proper).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Civ 5 is still really addictive, and the patches have made it somewhat workable.  Unfortunately, AI is still utterly incompetent when it comes to military, one unit per hex is just too much for AI to handle.

Crazy_Ivan80

is it worth purchasing it atm? (12 euros on steam)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Shade

Is it playable enough to try an MP game out?