News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dutch Muslims & Jews united together

Started by viper37, June 16, 2011, 03:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2011, 04:50:25 PMYeah, sorry for siding with defenseless animals over sadistic savages with knives. That indeed makes me horrible. I hope all the blood of dying animals keeps your warm inside, motherfucker.

:lmfao:

I didn't know you were a militant vegan  :huh:

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on June 16, 2011, 06:08:27 PMThat is a terrible example, since that accomodation was not reasonable at all.

It was quite reasonable.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon link=topic=5349.msg272877#msg272877

This isn't about a local gov't...and I guess then that's what you think religious freedom should be?

The level of government shouldn't matter.  A federal level restriction would be even more burdensome.

My own personal opinion is that government should make reasonable accommodation to religious practice.  Otherwise free exercise could easily be rendered ineffective by just targeting certain religious practices with rules that are drafted to appear of general applicability. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on June 16, 2011, 06:24:55 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on June 16, 2011, 06:08:27 PMThat is a terrible example, since that accomodation was not reasonable at all.
It was quite reasonable.
The kirpan?  That's pretty much on the borderline.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: Barrister on June 16, 2011, 05:14:26 PM
I would think that someone concerned with animal welfare would spend more time worrying about how animals live, rather than about the precise way that they die.  I'm pretty sure if you could ask a cow, they wouldn't be thrilled about any of the different means of slaughtering them.

Yeah.  If you really care about the welfare of feedstock animals, how they are treated before the time to butcher them should be of a lot more concern than how they are slaughtered. 

Personally, I don't really give a damn how they're treated as long as it doesn't hurt the quality of the meat that ends up on my table.  And I'm pretty sure that neither Marty or Slargos give a damn about the animals, either;  for them the issue is just a way to stick it to the Jews and Moslems.

Slargos

Quote from: Neil on June 16, 2011, 05:58:15 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on June 16, 2011, 05:46:07 PM
Religious freedom doesn't mean you can do anything your stone age book says.
No, it doesn't, but killing animals is something that is not considered unacceptable.  Unless you're some sort of faggot like Martinus or Slargos.

<_<

Slargos

Quote from: dps on June 16, 2011, 06:44:45 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 16, 2011, 05:14:26 PM
I would think that someone concerned with animal welfare would spend more time worrying about how animals live, rather than about the precise way that they die.  I'm pretty sure if you could ask a cow, they wouldn't be thrilled about any of the different means of slaughtering them.

Yeah.  If you really care about the welfare of feedstock animals, how they are treated before the time to butcher them should be of a lot more concern than how they are slaughtered. 

Personally, I don't really give a damn how they're treated as long as it doesn't hurt the quality of the meat that ends up on my table.  And I'm pretty sure that neither Marty or Slargos give a damn about the animals, either;  for them the issue is just a way to stick it to the Jews and Moslems.

:huh:

Sometimes I wonder about you.

Yes, my main concern lies with sticking it to the semitic races.

However, the notion that you should be allowed to treat your animals whichever way you care to is appalling.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on June 16, 2011, 03:46:28 PM
Yes, your silly ancient desert fairy tale tells you to torture animals. Your non-existent god is a sadist, I get that. You want me to respect your war criminal torturist paedophile murderer rapist bandit thief of a prophet, I get that. I'm sorry, but fuck you.
Ayesha's age at marriage is disputed.

Citations 173-76
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed#cite_note-181
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

It's an amusing issue to tie yourself to the mast over. And it's sad that the Jews think it's a good idea to be seen on the same team as the Arabs.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on June 16, 2011, 04:32:50 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2011, 04:30:51 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 16, 2011, 04:28:13 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2011, 04:21:59 PMAgreed.

You and Slargos do have a lot in common.

We don't like retards who follow bronze age customs in the 21st century. Yes.

3rd Century BC greece was bronze age :contract:
Iron age
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on June 16, 2011, 07:02:22 PM
It's an amusing issue to tie yourself to the mast over. And it's sad that the Jews think it's a good idea to be seen on the same team as the Arabs.

Well, they don't have a choice. The Dutch and other euroracists are looking around for a way to persecute the Muslims. Of course they're going to revive their old anti-Semitic progrom techniques. It's acceptable and in some cases even welcome collateral damage.

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on June 16, 2011, 06:56:37 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 16, 2011, 05:58:15 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on June 16, 2011, 05:46:07 PM
Religious freedom doesn't mean you can do anything your stone age book says.
No, it doesn't, but killing animals is something that is not considered unacceptable.  Unless you're some sort of faggot like Martinus or Slargos.
<_<
You're judged by the company you keep.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Slargos

Yeah well if being against the legalized torture of animals forces me into the faggotry camp, then so be it.  :moon:

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on June 16, 2011, 07:14:34 PM
Yeah well if being against the legalized torture of animals forces me into the faggotry camp, then so be it.  :moon:
You're not especially interested in that.  What you are interested in is using a wedge issue to preach hate.  You are impure.  You remind me of the anti-evolutionist lobby.