News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dutch Muslims & Jews united together

Started by viper37, June 16, 2011, 03:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: grumbler on June 17, 2011, 07:54:14 AM
I love these threads where the single intellectual demolishes the arguments of the Seven Intellectual Dwarfs.  This thread was kinda like the '67 War, only the Jews won more easily in this thread because their foes in the thread were more silly and feeble.

Yay!!! We win this thread. Grumbler corollary to Godwin's Law FTW!!!! "Whoever grumbler supports in a debate loses it."
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 17, 2011, 01:29:25 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2011, 11:47:25 PM
I'm surprised how seventh century Arabia is falling backwards through time.  First to the Bronze age, and now to the stone age.  By next week it may be somewhere in the middle Eocene.

Weren't kosher meat slaughter rules established B.C.?

The Koran was written around the seventh century.   When the Torah was written is not known exactly but it's firmly in the iron age.  Probably 5th or 6th century BC.  Just so you know, the Bronze age ended around 3,000 years ago.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2011, 08:09:52 AM
Probably 5th or 6th century BC.  Just so you know, the Bronze age ended around 3,000 years ago.

Fucking Sea Peoples ruined everything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on June 17, 2011, 02:46:57 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2011, 09:13:58 PM
I'm not sure an Icelander should be going on about people's founders who are rapists, bandits and murderers.

My ancestors were rapists, bandits, murderers, slavers and all round criminals. I do not, however, live my life based on the example of Egil Skallagrímsson or base my ethics on Þormóður Kolbrúnaskáld or my morality on Gissur Jarl. I can't imagine what point you are trying to make? That because my ancestors were dicks, muslims and jews get to torture animals. Is that your argument?

You attacked the founder of the Muslim religion on the basis of being a murder and rapist.  So I pointed out the founders of Iceland were also rapists and murders.  However, neither you or the majority of Muslims are rapists and murderers.  So I'm not sure how relevant your original attack was.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2011, 08:23:00 AM
You attacked the founder of the Muslim religion on the basis of being a murder and rapist.  So I pointed out the founders of Iceland were also rapists and murders.  However, neither you or the majority of Muslims are rapists and murderers.  So I'm not sure how relevant your original attack was.

The Muslims (or at least the mainstream ones) hold Mohammed as being the most righteous of righteous men who we should all base our lives on so critisizing a guy who is supposed to be the ultimate Godly man seems like a reasonable criticism of the religion.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2011, 08:29:54 AM

The Muslims (or at least the mainstream ones) hold Mohammed as being the most righteous of righteous men who we should all base our lives on so critisizing a guy who is supposed to be the ultimate Godly man seems like a reasonable criticism of the religion.

However, they generally don't rape and murder.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2011, 08:33:07 AM

True :P

My main issue with Mohammed is that he fought a war, which doesn't strike me as very spiritual, rather than some sort of trumped up charges on his personal life.

The Brain

If you truly respect religious people you challenge their silly ideas. Smiling and nodding means treating them like children or retards that you don't expect thought from. A grown man who trots out the Sky Fairy should be ridiculed if you respect him, because he is being extremely silly.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2011, 08:34:19 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2011, 08:33:07 AM

True :P

My main issue with Mohammed is that he fought a war, which doesn't strike me as very spiritual, rather than some sort of trumped up charges on his personal life.

I admit, I'm biased against Icelanders.  An Icelandic exchange student broke my arm in middle school.  I have never forgiven the whole misbegotten race.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2011, 08:41:08 AM
I admit, I'm biased against Icelanders.  An Icelandic exchange student broke my arm in middle school.  I have never forgiven the whole misbegotten race.

Well there are only about 100,000 of them so actually you got a pretty large population sample there.

Grey Fox

Whats up with the hard on for Islam, raz?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2011, 08:44:35 AM

Nothing really.  I just don't hate them.  I have always believed the state has better things to do then harass religious minorities.

EDIT:  Why should pointing out that most Muslims don't rape and murder count as a "hard on for Islam"?

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2011, 08:50:17 AM
Nothing really.  I just don't hate them.  I have always believed the state has better things to do then harass religious minorities.

Damn hippy liberal.

Viking

Nobody and I mean nobody is claiming that the ethical, moral and theological claims of the founders of Iceland have any value due to who made them, muslims do. There is no inherited guilt. Just because my ancestors were wrong and immoral doesn't meant that I am wrong and immoral, especially when I profoundly object to their moral and ethical claims. The difference between me and the modern muslim demanding to be allowed to use halal slaughter is that I don't base my view on slaughter on the divine commands of thor as relvealed to us by Erik the Assraped, they do base their view on slaughter on the divine commands of allah as revealed to us by Mohammed the Kiddieraper. That is the difference. The sayings and actions of my ancestors are not in any way relevant to me.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2011, 08:50:17 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2011, 08:44:35 AM

EDIT:  Why should pointing out that most Muslims don't rape and murder count as a "hard on for Islam"?

Most may not but their prophet did.
Anyway, it doesn't. I just assumed that you would defend them from other unwarranted attacks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.