News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US Journalist guilty of spying in Iran

Started by Weatherman, April 18, 2009, 08:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weatherman

QuoteAn Iranian-American journalist branded a US spy has been jailed for eight years by Iran after a brief trial held behind closed doors.          
Roxana Saberi, 31, who was arrested in January and went on trial this week, denies the charge and plans to go on hunger strike, her father said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8005660.stm

Perfect.  <_<

Neil

Yet another ransom demand.  The third world is a terrible place.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Poor woman.

As if the Iranians will care about her hunger strike.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

[Ank] Iranians are lovely people who can do no wrong! [/Ank]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Why would anyone sane be in Iran in the first place?

Queequeg

Fucking retarded fucking evil Iranian government.  Hope the streets run red with political Mullah blood some day.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on April 18, 2009, 09:41:28 AM
Fucking retarded fucking evil Iranian government.  Hope the streets run red with political Mullah blood some day.
Wouldn't count on it. Just look at Iraq - the tyrant has been toppled and the streets are running red with blood of gays and women who do not wear veils.

She apparently has a dual citizenship, had lived in the US and got two degrees there before going back to Iran to study. Why would she do anything like that?

Unlike rape victims or gays sentenced to death in Iran, she isn't going to be killed, and she had an opportunity to live in a place where it wouldn't happen to her. Forgive me if I do not share your outrage.

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on April 18, 2009, 09:46:24 AM
Wouldn't count on it. Just look at Iraq - the tyrant has been toppled and the streets are running red with blood of gays and women who do not wear veils.
The Iranian government has proven fantastically ineffectual and millions of (younger, better educated) people are dissatisfied.  If it wasn't for a core of rural, poorly educated retards in Qom and Azerbaijan the Mullahs would have been ousted a long time ago. 

Sheilbh

Unlike rape victims or gays sentenced to death in Iran, she isn't going to be killed, and she had an opportunity to live in a place where it wouldn't happen to her. Forgive me if I do not share your outrage.
I want to travel to Iran :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on April 18, 2009, 09:48:49 AM
The Iranian government has proven fantastically ineffectual and millions of (younger, better educated) people are dissatisfied.  If it wasn't for a core of rural, poorly educated retards in Qom and Azerbaijan the Mullahs would have been ousted a long time ago.
If it wasn't for a core of rural, poorly educated retards in the South, Bush wouldn't be elected. It doesn't mean he didn't have a popular mandate. Or are you proposing that only city-dwelling, well-educated liberal voters should have a right to vote? I could sign for this - as long as we start with the West.

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 18, 2009, 09:53:23 AM
Then you are like a Jew willing to travel to the Third Reich.

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on April 18, 2009, 09:54:58 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 18, 2009, 09:53:23 AM
Then you are like a Jew willing to travel to the Third Reich.
Want and willing to are different things, Marty.  I want to travel, but due to the government am not sure I am willing.  Same with Sheilbh, presumably.  Same with the Jewish Deutschophile who wouldn't travel to Germany while the Nazis were in power.

Neil

She apparently has a dual citizenship, had lived in the US and got two degrees there before going back to Iran to study. Why would she do anything like that?

Didn't you spend most of the last two days going on about how gays who are flaming in Iraq aren't stupid and deserve our outrage?  :lol:

OK, Mr. Issues.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.