News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Did some company battle last night. It was fun. Got half our team kills in the second match (2 :P )
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

My list of players I have to automatically TK in games is growing longer.

CountDeMoney

7 kills, Top Gun, Reaper, and Fadin's Medal.  All with a lil' ol' Grille.

Berkut

Did you bail on 3rd AC already Seedy?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2013, 10:31:53 AM
7 kills, Top Gun, Reaper, and Fadin's Medal.  All with a lil' ol' Grille.

The Grille is a great little arty in the right battle.

0 rows returned

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on February 13, 2013, 01:39:21 PM
Did you bail on 3rd AC already Seedy?

Yup.  Just wrapped a little too tight for me.

edit: FU Kat.  :P

Rasputin

:lol:

I did some company battles with the clan last night

while its clear that shoelace is a good tactician and tank driver he is a strategic moron

my two favorite shoelace decisions:

1. "we will not bring arty its a waste of a company slot" (with the predictable result that the opposing team stayed very clustered with and rushed choke  points with no fear of arty rainuing death upon them); and

2. let's split up the sniper tanks and have them push one direction while we send the heavy brawlers the opposite way (with the result that after the whole enemy company rolled our sniper tanksand then swarmed our brawlers (while their arty rained death on us)

he did this four times in a row before I logged

Who is John Galt?

CountDeMoney

I just don't need to be lectured about complimenting the opposing team in open chat at the end of a round by two people for over 3 minutes.  One, sure.  But after the first two minutes of the lecture I kinda get the message, so I really don't need another one chiming in for his 60 seconds' worth of Why We Don't Ever Ever Ever Talk To The Opposing Clan. 

Christ, we're not at Fort Benning Armor School.  Wrapped tighter than Berkut's oven mitts.

And Mr. Speech Impediment telling me how to drive a Wolverine in a round that I get 2 kills, while his is brewed faster than a K-cup.  I'd rather pug with anonymous retards than known retards.

katmai

QuoteAre you in the market for a new GPU? We've teamed up with NVIDIA to bring you an awesome "Free 2 Play Bundle" that could make the purchase of a brand new graphics card that much more tempting. If you buy a brand new GTX 650 or GTX 650 Ti, you'll get $25 worth of in-game gold to use in World of Tanks®. Better still, if you buy a new GTX 660 or better, you'll receive $50 worth of in-game gold to use!

Be sure to visit NVIDIA's GeForce website to find the best places to pick up these excellent video cards. And you better hurry! The promotional codes will expire on April 30th, 2013.

Berkut

Yeah, I think I am going to pull the trigger on a new 660 at some point soon.

0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on February 13, 2013, 02:48:19 PM
Yeah, I think I am going to pull the trigger on a new 660 at some point soon.

Yeah i've had my 560 since Xmas '11 so in market for upgrade.

Berkut

One thing that really annoyes me about PuGs. Well, actually it is two related things.

1. People are so fucking stupid aggressive. There are 15 people in the match, and generally the match is won or lost by whichever side has fewer idiots who think good play is a race to see who can site who first and get their ass blown away as everyone blazes out into the engagement zones and gets blown away. Most matches, this is 1/3rd to 1/2 your team who dies in the initial couple minutes.

2. The really fucking annoying part is that often after these dumbfucks get themselves killed, they spend the rest of the match bitching about what pussies everyone else is for not rushing out like they did, and how we are going lose because of "campers".

I just had a match in my ISU-152, which we lost when 4 of our tanks were dead in the first 90 seconds as they sprinted into enemy artillery and a force of 8 heavies moving together. I was staying back seeing what would happen (in cover of course), and got a couple kills and some nice damage, but had to listen to one guy actually say "WTF? WHY IS THE ISU152 HANGING BACK? WAY TO LOSE THE GAME!".

I mean, really?

Hell, I used to actually be WAY too agressive (I still am at times) and be one of those people always dead in the first few minutes. Since then I've tried to take on a much more "Lets hang back and see what develops" approach - say in the last 6 months of play. Since then my ratings gave gone up, and my overall (11,000 plus matches) win rate has gone from 48% to 51%. I think I am doing something right.

And in a freaking TD? Oh yeah, you fucking better believe I am "camping" as long as camping is defined as "I want to see them before they see me, and hence get the first shot. Therefore, I intend to set up the fight so that if possible, they are coming towards me instead of the other way around".

Blind aggression != strategy.

0 rows returned

Syt

IMO there's two things you can do with a TD most of the time:

- ambush the enemy from a good position
- hanging back behind your team's advance and let the team mates paint the targets for you - keeps your squishy ass out of sight but able to pick off some enemies

People who want TDs in the first line of offense = idiots.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Haha yes grouping with Seedy when he first started he was always in vanguard.

With the pugs I'm usually sitting in start area for first 20 secs just to see if team is Lemmings and all rushing to one side or just see where the help us gonna be needed. I think I learned that actually from playing my T34 where in high tier battles excels as second tier tank.