News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Actually, I doubt my hit rate is much (if any) above average for people who have played as long as I have. I think DG has a better hit rate than I do, for example.

I tend to take shots I should probably not. One of the guys in our clan has an 85% hit rate overall. He never plays arty, and he never, ever takes marginal shots. If he misses, it is because the RNG said he was going to miss.

I don't really care for that kind of thing though - I think winning is more important than keeping my hit rate high, so why not take a 50-50 shot assuming there isn't going to be a better one during my reload time?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Hmmm, comparing like tanks, I am generally a couple percent higher than DG, for the most part. Within the margin of error anyway.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Yeah I regularly take very iffy shots if I do not run the risk of being caught pants down during reload time - if I get lucky I move the match forward, which I cannot say for just having a good hit ratio.

Faeelin

I guess I am just awful. I now have a panzer III, and I'm firing at side armor on enemy tanks at point blank range, and not doing damage.

frunk

Quote from: Faeelin on April 25, 2012, 01:20:10 PM
I guess I am just awful. I now have a panzer III, and I'm firing at side armor on enemy tanks at point blank range, and not doing damage.

If you aim for the middle part of the tracks you'll frequently get a hit for no damage.  Make sure you are actually aiming at the side armor (which you might not be able to pen if they are too high a tier to you), or shoot the front or rear of the tracks.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on April 25, 2012, 12:22:33 PM
Actually, I doubt my hit rate is much (if any) above average for people who have played as long as I have. I think DG has a better hit rate than I do, for example.

I tend to take shots I should probably not. One of the guys in our clan has an 85% hit rate overall. He never plays arty, and he never, ever takes marginal shots. If he misses, it is because the RNG said he was going to miss.

I don't really care for that kind of thing though - I think winning is more important than keeping my hit rate high, so why not take a 50-50 shot assuming there isn't going to be a better one during my reload time?
Yeah, that's silly.  There are three good reasons to hold back from firing a marginal shot:  you don't have enough ammo, you expect a better shot to open up very soon, or you know there is an enemy tank around the corner waiting to roll in as soon as you fire.  If none of those apply, I'll fire at that commander's cupola sticking out from behind the top of the hill for as long as it's there.

C.C.R.

In my 900th game in the Jagdpanther I picked up kills 898, 899, 900 & 901 -- *FINALLY* putting me at a kill-a-game.  I guess I'm a slow learner...  :P

In other news, up until yeserday I had exclusively played German because, well, I just never could be bothered to start all over again.  Man, I was wrong -- used some free XP to whip through the start of the Sov line & start playing the SU-76 (I like front-mounted TD's), and the thing is a blast.  It dies when somebody uses strong language, but I have fun doing it...

:ccr

frunk

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 26, 2012, 07:24:23 AM
In my 900th game in the Jagdpanther I picked up kills 898, 899, 900 & 901 -- *FINALLY* putting me at a kill-a-game.  I guess I'm a slow learner...  :P

In other news, up until yeserday I had exclusively played German because, well, I just never could be bothered to start all over again.  Man, I was wrong -- used some free XP to whip through the start of the Sov line & start playing the SU-76 (I like front-mounted TD's), and the thing is a blast.  It dies when somebody uses strong language, but I have fun doing it...

:ccr

If you like things that die when someone uses strong language try out the US TD line or the French Light/Medium.  I think for pure fun the T82 is way up there, able to blow the hell out of anything it encounters with the derp gun and damn fast.

C.C.R.

Quote from: frunk on April 26, 2012, 08:29:23 AM
If you like things that die when someone uses strong language try out the US TD line or the French Light/Medium.  I think for pure fun the T82 is way up there, able to blow the hell out of anything it encounters with the derp gun and damn fast.

I think that I'm going to build up a little more free XP again & start on US TDs.  I looooooooove playing my JP, but the credit Profit Margin is too slim for my tastes with my non-Premium account.  I need to farm some lower tier stuff...

Berkut

Stay away from the French tanks. They all suck rocks until they become OP at Tier 9 or so.

0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 26, 2012, 08:57:45 AM

I think that I'm going to build up a little more free XP again & start on US TDs.  I looooooooove playing my JP, but the credit Profit Margin is too slim for my tastes with my non-Premium account.  I need to farm some lower tier stuff...

I generally just play through the lower tiers rather than spending free XP on them.  I don't think any of the low tier vehicles should take more than 10-20 matches to get to the next tank.  I save the free XP for upgrading upper tier tanks.

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on April 26, 2012, 09:29:57 AM
Stay away from the French tanks. They all suck rocks until they become OP at Tier 9 or so.

My buddy drove an ARL 44 and he cursed at it constantly, until he maxed it out. With top equipment, it appears to be a quite nice sniping platform, with a gun that is very useful.

C.C.R.

Quote from: frunk on April 26, 2012, 12:17:04 PM
Quote from: C.C.R. on April 26, 2012, 08:57:45 AM

I generally just play through the lower tiers rather than spending free XP on them.  I don't think any of the low tier vehicles should take more than 10-20 matches to get to the next tank.  I save the free XP for upgrading upper tier tanks.

Nothing to upgrade -- only other tanks besides SU-76 are:

Jagdpanther:  elited, just working on crew perks & waiting until I have creds for a Ferd
Panther:  upgraded, just working on eliting, then going to work on crew skills/perks (Panther II is waaaaay in future)
VK3601H:  upgraded, just working towards Tiger (never driven a Heavy before)

Free XP is just kind of sitting there for me right now...

katmai

Yo Hoss, what is your username so i may kil...i mean find you in game. :whistle:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

C.C.R.

Quote from: katmai on April 26, 2012, 02:38:54 PM
Yo Hoss, what is your username so i may kil...i mean find you in game. :whistle:

Doghouse_Riley